Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
So it's this kit on CJPonyParts, correct? http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-per...ith-calibration-ecoboost-2015-2017/p/M9603M4/

You order this, then take it to the dealer and have them install it and flash the tune? Is this not something you can do yourself?

And apparently the dealer charges you for the install on top of the cost of the part/ecu tune?
You can definately do it all yourself if you can use basic tools. The dealer install is to get the 3/36 warranty if it matter to you. With my car at 23K miles, I don't think I'm going to pay to have it installed.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
So it's this kit on CJPonyParts, correct? http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-per...ith-calibration-ecoboost-2015-2017/p/M9603M4/

You order this, then take it to the dealer and have them install it and flash the tune? Is this not something you can do yourself?

And apparently the dealer charges you for the install on top of the cost of the part/ecu tune?
You can definitely do it all yourself if you can use basic tools. The dealer install is to get the 3/36 warranty if it matters to you. With my car at 23K miles, I don't think I'm going to pay to have it installed.

Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
You can definately do it all yourself if you can use basic tools. The dealer install is to get the 3/36 warranty if it matter to you. With my car at 23K miles, I don't think I'm going to pay to have it installed.
What about the 5 year warranty you will be voiding? Though it would be hard to prove the ecu tune was not the cause it will offer some protection.

The other half of the coin is that FP did say they tested their car(s) up to 60k with the tune with no adverse effects.

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
You can definitely do it all yourself if you can use basic tools. The dealer install is to get the 3/36 warranty if it matters to you. With my car at 23K miles, I don't think I'm going to pay to have it installed.
Again with miss information! It does not void your limited power train warranty your still eligible for 5/60k.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Again with miss information! It does not void your limited power train warranty your still eligible for 5/60k.
Maybe, maybe not... I chatted with the FP rep and quizzed him about the warranty issues. He insisted that the 5/60 was reduced to 3/36 but that the dealer had some latitude. But, I'm sure that if you install the tune and then go blow up your motor drag racing and it is outside of the 3/36, you are on your own.

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
Maybe, maybe not... I chatted with the FP rep and quizzed him about the warranty issues. He insisted that the 5/60 was reduced to 3/36 but that the dealer had some latitude. But, I'm sure that if you install the tune and then go blow up your motor drag racing and it is outside of the 3/36, you are on your own.
Drag and track racing would technically void your warranty regardless... It clearly states it will not void your limited warranty if installed by dealer or ASE mechanic, thats more valuable than what you believe.

nolezack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM Performance Pack
Can we get some 0-60 MPH or 3>4 gear pulls from the guys with early installs?

Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Drag and track racing would technically void your warranty regardless... It clearly states it will not void your limited warranty if installed by dealer or ASE mechanic, thats more valuable than what you believe.
Believe whatever you want. Get on FP website and chat with one of the reps. The guy I chatted with was named Steve. Maybe he's wrong and you can educate him.

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium, Magnetic
My car's a 2016 with 18k on the clock, so the warranty still matters quite a bit to me. I'll just have the dealer do it.