Ford Racing ProCal Tune

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
FRPP told me today that the ProCal tune releases next week. We shall see...
Cool. Been holding out for this to see which way I go next. Hope it works out due to smog laws here in CA. :ford:
Sponsored

gotboost?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow
I sent a msg via FB Ford Performance asking about the constant delays and misinformation. They actually responded last night (and of course another delay. I strongly believe the Focus is priority for them)

"We hear you loud and clear. We want to start selling this as soon as possible. Don't mean to keep you in the dark, but don't want to bore you with our details either. We are working to get the kit out by the end of September. We will update the Techline with the date. Hang in there, the power gains will be worth it.
1f642.png
"

OP
OP
TheLion

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
Roush does let you "buy" a warranty for what it is worth...basically doubles the price of the tune.

I agree with you on the IC and catch can voiding warranties. I don't see how they can just void it without proving your upgrade did something to stress the engine in a way the base IC didn't....would seem the opposite to me. Now if you had a catch can and didn't empty it that would do it.

Not you but why bust his chops for just dealing with one tuner....what is Lion a Consumer Reports of Tuners?

Great discussion.

If I were to tune....rather when... I will go with FR to keep what warranty I can. And also what assurance I can.
Unless your over 36k miles...then your SOL and there's no point in going FR over anyone else unless their performance numbers are better / better price.

Warranties matter only if you need them, otherwise there is no value. There's a difference between Insurance to cover an "after the fact" event and Assurance to prevent the event all together. Ideally we would want both, but I see more value in Assurance over Insurance.

That is why so many people use Tune+, because Adam provides Assurance through his excellent track record. The same with LMS. Mountune hasn't released their software yet so we can't speak to their record. Rousch to my knowledge also has a good track record.

These are all examples of Assurance. FR is offering both assuming your within their mileage limit, but many are not, Juben for example is at 50k, well past the limit as are many others. Now he is using a Tune+ PCM software setup and has been since early on, it's just an example of the other side of the coin.

I think unfrotunately I opened pandoras box myself when I listed the FR tune on the TST optamization thread a while back with all of the other bolt on modifications. The idea at the time was to do as much as possible to preserve the warranty and for newer cars the FR tune would be the way to go in that regard. But I never really thought out the fact that there are an increasing number of 2015's with over 36k already on them...

I chose to take a very calculated and small risk by using LMS software, but with a spotless track record and one of the longest history with every ecoboost variant out there, the risk is very minor, especially since I have taken additional precautions beyond just using a PCM software developer with a spotless track record such as using a 160F thermostat, running 93 octane on a 91 optimization, using 1 step colder plugs, a much better inter cooler and finally a dual valve catch can.

That is my Assurance :-)

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I spoke with FRPP today and kit is available. My Bro-n-law is picking up his new Ecoboost PP car on Friday and hopefully should have this installed soon as well.

OP
OP
TheLion

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
If you have a stock ecoboost and want to preserve the warranty while adding as much power as possible, this is he way to go:

Ford Performance Power Gains Dyno Graph

Certainly it's not the most powerful 91 tune out there, but it's a huge improvement over stock and gives you stock like reliability and puts the car leagues ahead of it's competitors like the Camaro V6, WRX etc. which don't have any warranty friendly factory upgrade options like this (at least that I"m aware of).

Pair it with a stage 1 FMIC and you have a pretty nice factory like setup for about $1200 cost. Can't beat that (well unless you go with a hotter 91 tune, but you wouldn't preserve the warranty).

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M4

Sponsored

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
So I am assuming you can run this on 93 as well? Can it only be installed at a Ford Performance shop? Or any Ford dealership?

On the price I am assuming it will be a bit cheaper through retailers?

My warranty is up but I would feel better going with a FP tune than 3rd party if it ever had issues. I got lucky once with a third party tune and ford covering an engine replacement don't think that would happen twice.

gotboost?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow
Still waiting for even a single person to report this tune has been delivered to their hands.........

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

CRUM178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
Can it only be installed at a Ford Performance shop? Or any Ford dealership?
I believe it can be installed by anyone that is ASE certified. If its a non Ford location that installed it, they just submit the paperwork with their ASE credentials to Ford Performance for the warranty info.

Sponsored

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Here's the dyno from FP website. Really, pretty decent gains...
I mean thats just a graphical representation of their claimed gains to the crank lol lets see a real dyno. Got an email from CJPP, my order was shipped!
Sponsored