Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
The software itself is very easy, that is the firmware. As I mentioned, when you are connected to the Internet and launch the Pro Cal 3 software, it will let you know there's an update and it was very easy to do. You'd have to purposefully download the tune file again, there's no notice for that. Then compare the name to the old to see if it's new.

As far as getting it done by the dealer or shop, I think that will depend on the shop you're dealing with but I'm GUESSING it would go like this. If you noticed a problem with your tune and contacted FP about it and they thought the new tune would address the issue. They might work with the dealer to have the new tune loaded under warranty. The dealer or whatever shop that initially loaded the tune, did their job and got paid for it. They didn't do anything wrong and shouldn't be expected to do more word for free. so if FP pays them to do it, essentially warranty work, that would make sense. Otherwise, a shop reloading the tune would just be on them and their customer service but I wouldn't think it's fair to expect it.

As far as whether or not you can load the new tune yourself and keep it under warranty, there's no information on that. Basically, when you reload it, you're doing all the work from scratch so it's hard to tell. I called FP when I heard there was a new tune and asked. They are the ones that gave me all the info, said no release notices, very rare updates if ever and only way to tell was to compare file names on the tune. They asked when I had my tune installed. When I said December, they said just download the tune and if it's different, install it. They didn't tell me to take it to a shop so I did it.
Ok, Thanks, I couldn't remember if you needed only the CAI installed by certified mechanic or both (tune an CAI).
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Ok, Thanks, I couldn't remember if you needed only the CAI installed by certified mechanic or both (tune an CAI).
For warranty purposes, Ford Performance wanted all of it installed by a ford authorized dealer or ASE certified tech. They never mention anything about an update.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
So just curious, whats the procedure if an update happens after you installed yours.
Can you update it yourself or you need to go back to dealer or installer to get update, I guess question is does FRPT come with a firmware updater?
I asked FP this a while back when they first released the update. You can install it yourself, no need for a shop to do it again.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
What kind of 0-60 times are you guys seeing? I just went out for fun and tried a couple, I find I launch the best in track mode with the TCS completely off and did consistent 5.6-5.8 times. I have all stock suspension but with the 305/35/19 MPSS I don't get any hop and barely any spin in this warm weather.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
What kind of 0-60 times are you guys seeing? I just went out for fun and tried a couple, I find I launch the best in track mode with the TCS completely off and did consistent 5.6-5.8 times. I have all stock suspension but with the 305/35/19 MPSS I don't get any hop and barely any spin in this warm weather.
I got 5.6 with a vert... but that was back in Dec...

Won't run it again, more than likely.... this tune does not make me want to go out and do a 0-60.

I can report mpg... got 28.7 on a recent trip of about 800+ miles...

Might have been much better had it not been for nice weather and a kid screaming "go faster! This is a roller coaster!" LOL... she is hooked on verts now. And no, I was not speeding... before someone goes off the deep end. Nice small ride out to the park... lots of fun.

Sponsored

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
They actually wanted it sent via email to [email protected]

And wanted the following:

Name:
Email:
Cell:
Part #: M-9603-M4
Vehicle: 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
VIN:
Order Date: (Attach Invoice)
Installation date:
Installation performed by: (Attach Invoice)
Mileage before install:
FYI I copied this and used it in email worked perfectly so many thanks jbailer!!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I got 5.6 with a vert... but that was back in Dec...

Won't run it again, more than likely.... this tune does not make me want to go out and do a 0-60.

I can report mpg... got 28.7 on a recent trip of about 800+ miles...

Might have been much better had it not been for nice weather and a kid screaming "go faster! This is a roller coaster!" LOL... she is hooked on verts now. And no, I was not speeding... before someone goes off the deep end. Nice small ride out to the park... lots of fun.
Also, the "are we there yet?" might make you speed up just a hair lol. :p

TrueBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP
I can get 5.5 pretty consistently. Everything off. It's hard though. Any wheel spin and I'm in the 5.8 to 6.0 range.

Car would seem much faster if folks asked "What's your 0-58 times?" That third gear shift kills me!

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I can get 5.5 pretty consistently. Everything off. It's hard though. Any wheel spin and I'm in the 5.8 to 6.0 range.

Car would seem much faster if folks asked "What's your 0-58 times?" That third gear shift kills me!
Yeah I don't have the PP so I don't hit 3rd until after 60.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus

It's such a buzz kill seeing the bar at 99% and going nowhere at the top of second :(

Sponsored

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium

What's your gear ratio? Mine's 3.31 and I can get to 60 in 2nd. Only tried it a time or two and got 5.6 with a little wheel spin; I suppose if I practiced I could shave a tenth or three more off of the time.

OrangeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
What's your gear ratio? Mine's 3.31 and I can get to 60 in 2nd. Only tried it a time or two and got 5.6 with a little wheel spin; I suppose if I practiced I could shave a tenth or three more off of the time.
The Performance Pack cars have 3.55

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just curious for those who have had the Ford Racing tune installed:

1) Who has had their vehicle Dyno'd?
2) What Dyno machine was used?
3) What were the Dyno results (pic of graphing would be better than plain text)?
4) Did the Dyno results match any HP gains/claims based on the Manufacturer's documented statements?

Last edited:

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Just curious for those hero have had the Ford Racing tune installed:

1) Who has had their vehicle Dyno'd?
2) What Dyno machine was used?
3) What were the Dyno results (pic of graphing would be better than plain text)?
4) Did the Dyno results match any HP gains/claims based on the Manufacturer's documented statements?
I've been trying to get in at a local shop, one only takes voicemail/email and has never gotten back to me, the other doesn't pick up the phone at all.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
If he has to shift to 3rd, he has the 3.55's. They top second at like 58. I have 3.55 on stock tune and I manage 5.7, you should definitely be able to shave a tenth or two without needing the third shift.
Sponsored