Ford Racing Parts catalog for 2015 Mustang [Updated with Pricing]

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Yea I just assumed he missed that part.

I'm thinking and it's completely a guess. That you will have to cut off the old pipes but the axle back's offered will have a supplied clamp to eliminate welding.
right thats why i am curious, i doubt ford would sell a part (with a warranty mind you) that would require cutting any part of the car, alot more variables there. I would think anything they sell would be bolt on due to the warranty concern. maybe the production exhaust system isn't fully welded on the production cars or the connections are in different places.
Sponsored

badass03ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 GT 'vert, 1973 Fastback
LOL.... I owned my 03 for a mere 6 weeks when the Kenne Bell, along with a whole bunch of other items, was added. I wonder how long I can keep the mod bug away this time????:tsk:

Springs and exhaust are prolly gonna be first this time. Now, if only SLP would hurry up and get a LM set out there for the '15s!!!:shocked:

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
right thats why i am curious, i doubt ford would sell a part (with a warranty mind you) that would require cutting any part of the car. I would think anything they sell would be bolt on due to the warranty concern. maybe the production exhaust system isn't fully welded on the production cars

Just another reason for Ford to require a dealer to install the item. It wouldn't be hard to publish a small notam to show a dealer where to cut to comply with any warranty issues.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Yea I just assumed he missed that part.

I'm thinking and it's completely a guess. That you will have to cut off the old pipes but the axle back's offered will have a supplied clamp to eliminate welding.
It will be easy to bolt on catbacks, which would include the "suitcase" being removed. It would not be easy to bolt on "axlebacks" (mufflers and the small extensions that connect to the pipe). Probably the term "axlebacks" doesn't apply in this new generation, unless you want to just cut off existing mufflers and weld on new ones. That was my only point. :)
Yes, misunderstanding introduced by my post to xlover - apologies to him. Said another way - installing the Ford Racing catback will involve unbolting every thing stock behind the catalytic converters and then replacing the parts. Installing the Ford Racing axleback looks like it would involve cutting the mufflers (if the exhaust we have seen of all of the pre-production cars is the same as the cars that have been produced) and then replacing the parts and securing them with a clamp.

If you do a Google search, you might find an illustration of this.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
No CAI yet?
CAI = fine for looks but basically worthless for 'performance'

The days where you could buy an aftermarket CAI and get a legit HP bump out of it are pretty much gone. Maybe that's why, AFAIK, Ford Racing haven't offered a Mustang CAI kit for the 2010+ models.

I suspect that trend will continue for the 2015+ as Dave P. said himself that there is basically no performance benefit to a CAI anymore (technically it has a factory CAI anyway).

Now if someone just wants one for looks, that's fine. But you'll probably have to get it from somewhere else...

Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Which warranty are you referring to? Ford Racing and FoMoCo are separate. FRPP offers their own warranty on its parts but it is still considered "aftermarket" for dealer purposes
Interestingly in the ad for the blower, it says 'factory warranty' if installed by a dealer. Maybe it's just a case of semantics, but usually 'factory' implies the original Ford warranty.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
CAI = fine for looks but basically worthless for 'performance'

The days where you could buy an aftermarket CAI and get a legit HP bump out of it are pretty much gone. Maybe that's why, AFAIK, Ford Racing haven't offered a Mustang CAI kit for the 2010+ models.

Not true. Minor hp bump from Cai only on 2011 and newer. Major for larger Cai with a tune also. Plus, your reference a year range that covers two different motors even. Find the reviews and go check out real times and dyno tests. The gains are there. Albeit small for Cai only.

Devon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
What's with this? I presume it's a mistake since (IIRC) Recaros are NOT standard with the GT PP...

2015 Mustang Ford Racing Logo Recaro Seats
M-63660005-MD
- Fits 2015 Mustang GT, V6 and I4 EcoBoost
- Similar to OEM sport seat found in the 2015 Mustang GT Performance Package

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Not true. Minor hp bump from Cai only on 2011 and newer. Major for larger Cai with a tune also. Plus, your reference a year range that covers two different motors even. Find the reviews and go check out real times and dyno tests. The gains are there. Albeit small for Cai only.
In reality, often the demonstrated gains from the CAI alone are pretty much smoke and mirrors. Doing a swap from one to the other during a dyno session or at the track basically just makes changes to the airflow that the computer simply may not have time to adjust to.

Often, if the CAI has been left in long enough for the computer to adjust, the gain is very minimal to non-existent... certainly, IMO, not enough to justify the cost in most cases, again, unless aesthetics are the primary objective rather than performance.

Also, I realize that the 2010+ spans two different motors, with the Coyote being introduced in 2011. But 2010 is when the major refresh occurred, and I'm guessing (but too lazy to confirm) that changes to the air inlet were made which reduced the benefits of an aftermarket CAI to the point where Ford Racing did not find it appropriate to market a kit for the car any longer. And btw, I'm definitely open to being corrected here if Ford Racing has indeed released something that I missed (other than their filter).

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
Ford Racing Parts Catalog for 2015 Mustang

1. Does this mean that FRPP will not team with Whipple this year like they did last year, and will only offer the Roush supercharger?

That would be very disappointing to say the least, especially after all of the posts on this forum about the new front intake design by Whipple just for the 5.0L Coyote.

2. With the short throw shifter, seeing how it's discribed having the classic ball on top, does that mean that we wouldn't need the stock lift up ring for reverse?

That would be nice!

Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
2. With the short throw shifter, seeing how it's discribed having the classic ball on top, does that mean that we wouldn't need the stock lift up ring for reverse?

That would be nice!
Good question.

On a side note, as far as shift performance, I have to wonder if a 15% throw reduction is really enough to be truly noticeable and worthwhile?

REX-RACER

Threads
Reaction score
Any idea on how many of these parts my also be compatible w/ the ecoboost cars? I would assume things that are ostensibly universal like the shifter ( given both cars use the MT82 6spd ), rear axles and brake upgrades will swap straight across?

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I love how people are taking about buying all these parts before even driving the car. Why don't you wait to see how it feels stock and then make decisions... LOL

badass03ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 GT 'vert, 1973 Fastback
I love how people are taking about buying all these parts before even driving the car. Why don't you wait to see how it feels stock and then make decisions... LOL
Because there are those of us who know that we are never happy with what the factory does.....not 100% anyway. I like to make my cars personal statements and having exactly what the next guy has is not personal!! And I always want more power....LOL
Sponsored