Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
It's out now, upgrades 5.0 to Bullit specs for $1275, 479 horsepower and 448 lb-ft of torque. See it at https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M8B
I wish they had a kit for my 2015 that would up my 435 hp to 479 - guess I'll have to settle for 460 once my extended warranty runs out in 2021.
Keep in mind those are crank numbers and not whp. Also, if you're waiting til warranty is out anyways go LTH and tune for e and can easily pass those numbers on your 15.
Sponsored

Last edited:

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Keep in my those are crank numbers and not whp. Also, if you're waiting til warranty is out anyways go LTH and tune for e and can easily pass those numbers on your 15.
Thanks - good idea!

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Got my mine up and running but I am using the original air filter housing and plumbing. Probably going to keep it this way since the car runs really strong.
+1 for pics of setup. Be curious of dyno numbers. Any plans to get it checked? Also, are you using a different air filter?

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I was also wondering if someone were to get this and then after warranty was up decided they wanted headers and E85 tune, could it still be overwritten with a new tune/tuner?

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks - good idea!
The higher compression ratio and DI really do allow some serious power with little changes. Those two things alone will keep a gen 2 from ever competing with a gen 3 mod for mod. It's the power creep. Imagine buying a brand new 4.6l Mustang GT on a whim, not paying attention to any marketing, and then witness the release of the 5.0l Mustang GT 6 months later.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I was also wondering if someone were to get this and then after warranty was up decided they wanted headers and E85 tune, could it still be overwritten with a new tune/tuner?
Yes. You're not stuck with this tune but you can't modify it either. You'd need a custom tune that factored in everything installed.

Pandajoshy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sent a message to Ford performance today and they said send then a receipt and a shipping address and they would send a inlet tube out right away... I did. Haven't heard back so we will see. They didnt even question me so they must be aware of it.
Yup I contacted both, Ford Performance and the shop I ordered the kit from. Ford Performance emailed me back and said they're shipping the part today. The shop I ordered from emailed me back and said FP is tracking that I'm one of the people that need the part, so that confirms that FP is tracking. FP said it takes a day for a tracking number to be sent, so we'll see tomorrow if I get one. Not pleased with missing that air inlet, but I am pleased with the quick response from Ford Performance. Hopefully it's expedited shipping!

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Mustang5o,

I am using the stock filter for now, and have a Afe on order. For all the hassle of making the FP air box work, I decided to run the stocker.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Mustang5o,

I am using the stock filter for now, and have a Afe on order. For all the hassle of making the FP air box work, I decided to run the stocker.
So you have the FP tune with stock airbox is it mated to the new throttle body?

Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Mustangpursuit,

Yes, that is correct. Works well.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
This is how it looks:
Mustang Inlet.jpg

The stock inlet elbow has a step down to fit the 80mm throttle body. I merely trimmed this step down with a razor blade and this actually opens the inlet up to right at the 87mm throttle body size, just perfect.

Then I purchased a 3.875" (3 and 7/8's) silicone intercooler sleeve/coupler and cut it to length. I used a heavy duty stainless "T" clamp on one end and a Ford worm clamp on the other. This way I did not have to yank out the sound tube and the crank vent and brake boost hook up just like stock.

It's neat and clean and to the untrained eye it looks stock.

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It's out now, upgrades 5.0 to Bullit specs for $1275, 479 horsepower and 448 lb-ft of torque. See it at https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M8B
I wish they had a kit for my 2015 that would up my 435 hp to 479 - guess I'll have to settle for 460 once my extended warranty runs out in 2021.
Yeah but for $1200 I really don't think it's worth it. I wish they had a "tune only" one that we could pair with our own CAI for like $400. For $1200 I'd rather buy my own tune and intake and use the remaining $500 on some other mod.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Yes, this kit should be cheaper, but its not a $1275 kit, thats msrp. I was lucky and got mine for $951. I know the price went up a little, but i would hope it will come down with time. Again, equivalents 15-17 tune is $700.

This is not just a bullitt tune. I would bet it has more torque than a bullitt below 4,000 rpm and its changes the a10 trans shifting and torque management. You will feel the difference in everyday driving immediately. Maybe not as much for m6 guys. Yes, you could get a custom dyno tune for a specific fuel and make better peak numbers, but probably not driveability. This tune is not for everyone, but it is a solid tune for those of us with daily drivers who don't plan on more engine mods.

Last edited:

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
One thing I've noticed is my cold start 2k rattle is a lot more quiet and doesn't trigger as often. I wonder if that's because there's a lot less cam timing adjustments going on. Speaking of, it's not definitive proof but it does seem to imply that the rattle really is just the cam phasers and is nothing harmful (a belief that fortunately isn't very common anymore).
Sponsored