Ford Japan

Trappen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium
Looks like Japan is only getting the 50th anniversary edition ecoboost. No GT for us over here. But that being said, with all the tuner Turbo stuff out here might get interesting. Not really a big market for V8s yet. Although I have been seeing more and more of them show up.

Only getting 350 cars mid next year. Starting price is a cool 4.6 million Yen which translates to about 42.6k USD. They just opened up preorders.
Sponsored

Nick@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamjdm.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tremor

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I am interested to see what the Japanese based tuner companies (specifically HKS) will offer for the 2015 Mustang EcoBoost if at all. It may open up a new export/import channel where companies such as JDM Engineering export 2015 Mustang EcoBoost Performance Parts to Japan and offer/import the 2015 Mustang HKS line of options to the United States. That is if HKS opts to even play in the market here again.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/columns/countersteer/the-end-of-the-line-for-hks-usa
Ecoboost owners might have to even over night parts...from Japan. :D

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
Looks like Japan is only getting the 50th anniversary edition ecoboost. No GT for us over here. But that being said, with all the tuner Turbo stuff out here might get interesting. Not really a big market for V8s yet. Although I have been seeing more and more of them show up.

Only getting 350 cars mid next year. Starting price is a cool 4.6 million Yen which translates to about 42.6k USD. They just opened up preorders.
That is so cool. I love to think of people on the other side of the globe being into the same stuff as I am. Love to see Ford is rolling this beauty out all over.
Out of curiosity are you native to Japan?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Trappen

Trappen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium
That is so cool. I love to think of people on the other side of the globe being into the same stuff as I am. Love to see Ford is rolling this beauty out all over.
Out of curiosity are you native to Japan?
No I am from Los Angeles. WWas moved out here on a job transfer. Yeah I am wondering if the japanese companies have any clue of the Mustang market in the states... might be an untapped business opportunity I may need to look into.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
From my understanding they will get the 5.0L sooner or later. They currently get the 5.0L now with the S197 why not the S550.

Dave

OP
OP
Trappen

Trappen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium
True. I am sure maybe a few years down the road they may a few GTs come over. They only offered 70 GT premium 2014s. They did have a Japan special edition this year though it was the black.

Sponsored