Sponsored

Ford Hood Corrosion. Dealer told me the warranty is expired?

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I know this has been asked a lot on here but from what I've read 2016+ cars are covered for 5 years and do not need to show any perforation? However when I called my dealer he said the warranty is only 3yr/36k for paint issues. I checked my warranty book and it shows it is in fact 5 years, not 3, however it does say (perforation only)? I thought they changed the wording for 2016+ cars so they did not need perforation? My car is an early 2016 build, so maybe they did not change the wording in my 2016 warranty book? If that the case does anyone know where I can find an updated one to show to the dealer? I have no luck with dealers in my area.
Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Go to ford.com, support, warranty, enter year and model

DrPepper1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Here is a post from @Cobra Jet in another post. It may help.

Paint Warranty is 5/60, and that paint delamination should be covered.

Attached is Ford Warrantable vs Non-Warrantable paint guide. The Ford paint is covered under the 5/60 Paint And Corrosion Warranty outlined in your Mustang Owner's Manual. It does not protect against damages such as rock chips or other, only workmanship and corrosion.

Attachments

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Thank's everyone. I pulled up the warranty book and for the 2016 is did say 5yr/unlimited miles, but it also said (perforated) nest to it. I thought they did away with that wording for the 2016+ models? Does that mean it needs a hole in the hood for it to be covered?

Sponsored

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
There is a tsb floating around on this sub form. I used that at my local dealership and they approved hood issue.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Latest 2016 warranty printing (No. 3) in link below. Page 11 addresses aluminum panel corrosion, and says nothing about aluminum panel perforation. The statement about perforation is talking about sheet metal, not aluminum panels.

Show that to your dealer.

"If aluminum body panels have corrosion or rust damage, and the damage is not the result of abnormal usage, vehicle accident, customer actions and/or extreme environmental conditions, the corrosion or rust damage repairs are covered for 5 years, unlimited miles."

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/owner-manuals.html?year=2016&make=Ford&model=Mustang

Look up the warranty for a 2015 and you'll see the difference in wording. The 2015 warranty does not specifically address aluminum panels, so they are wrapped up in the "sheet metal", and requirer perforation like any other metal panel. This is how the 2015 guys get screwed on the aluminum panel corrosion.

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/owner-manuals.html?year=2015&make=Ford&model=Mustang

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
OP, if you have a 2016, what GT Pony stated above and shared, as well as what others have posted, the hood on your 2016 should be covered under warranty.

If your Service Center is saying it is not covered, or that the Ford Paint Warranty is 3 years, they are totally wrong.

Print out what was shared, highlight it and show them it’s coming directly from Ford. It’s model YEAR specific, not by VIN and not by any other coding on the vehicle. Tell them they need to be retrained in Ford Warranties too.
Sponsored