Sponsored

FORD, can we get a digital speedometer on our 2015's?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
neither of us has any use for BT.
The automated accident notification requires and uses BT. Its a mistake to assume you could never be left trapped or unable to move after someone plows into you, or that tree falls on your car, or .....

Not pairing a phone to the car makes about as much sense as taking out your seat belts and air bags to save weight.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The automated accident notification requires and uses BT. Its a mistake to assume you could never be left trapped or unable to move after someone plows into you, or that tree falls on your car, or .....
You need to understand that I'm essentially immune to that sort of scaremongering. I could try to explain the 'why' of it, but I'm pretty sure that I would not be able to communicate the true understanding that you'd need to go with that. So let's just say that I'm fully comfortable with - and prefer, actually - having a far lower level of in-car technology than most.

Not pairing a phone to the car makes about as much sense as taking out your seat belts and air bags to save weight.
You must be one or perhaps two generations younger than we are. Speaking for myself, when I'm driving, one of the last things I want to ever have to deal with is a phone call. The rest of the world can damn well wait. And I won't initiate a call when I'm on the move. Ever.

What I have experienced is a disembodied voice asking me to do something when I accidentally hit some button when with considerable urgency I needed to hit the horn. And I went through a period where another family member's phone calls kept crashing through the radio program I was listening to any time that phone was within BT range. Two huge downsides to a situation that for me has no up-side. So for me, pairing a phone to any of my cars would be one of the least sensible things I could ever do; be downright stupid on my part if I did. Which with the little flip-phones that fit in a front pocket neither of us can do anyway.

There's probably more alien concepts in the above post than you'll see anytime soon . . .

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
You kids get off my lawn!

:lol:
Yeah, I'm probably old enough to get away with having that attitude
, but that wasn't the point.

Just trying to get Hoosier (who apparently equates BT service as being as essential to daily life as seat belts are to driving) to understand mine (where 24/7 connectivity is unwanted and BT is utterly irrelevant).

I'm afraid that I never owned or drove a Torino, though I do have a little up-close (but non-shooting) familiarity with the M1 Garand. :lol::D

Norm

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
:shrug: Dunno.

But if I can figger out how to close this iterweb thingy down, I'm going to be taking my son and his oldest daughter down to the range.:lol:

Norm

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
That guy ...

Hahaha, nice.

Are the guy you come across once in a while you shouldn't have fucked with?

:cheers:
Yeah that's me. The guy that fights dirty, will sucker punch you at the first chance. The guy that takes no prisoners. Who won't send you to the hospital but rather the morgue in pieces. :mad:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

FYI - Love all those old Clint Eastwood movies. :thumbsup:
Sponsored