Sponsored

FORD, can we get a digital speedometer on our 2015's?

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
You bitched, Ford heard.

So quit your bltching and upgrade to a 2018 to get it. Like I said before, they gotta give you a little with each model, so you have a reason to upgrade.

New-Ford-Mustang-12-inch-LCD-digital-instrument-cluster-in-Normal-View-640x256.jpg
Has nothing to do with incremental changes. Ford has always been behind on interior and is just now catching up. Digital Speedos are so fucking old school that it's not even a feature anymore and actually pretty sad if you don't have it in a car.
Sponsored

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
I still like the old analog gauges. I don't get how some get all twisted on the little things.
Digital speed is nice but not a deal breaker.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Well clearly I doubt anyone in here would think it's a deal breaker since we all pretty much own one...:lol:

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Digital Speedometer..Hmm...musclecar dont really need..another reason me glad to have a 2015-17 GT ....and the factory fog lamps!

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
When I took a camaro 2ss on a test drive before I ordered the mustang, the hud annoyed me more than anything...

Besides, the only time I look at the speedo is when there's a cop behind me :doh:

Sponsored

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I still hope someday someone can figure this out. i love my analog display but the center screen sure would be nice with a digital speedo readout. I keep my oil temp there as it keeps me off the pedal until oil is warm.

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Ruby Red)
You bitched, Ford heard.

So quit your bltching and upgrade to a 2018 to get it. Like I said before, they gotta give you a little with each model, so you have a reason to upgrade.

New-Ford-Mustang-12-inch-LCD-digital-instrument-cluster-in-Normal-View-640x256.jpg
I wonder if Ford or someone else will provide an upgrade kit where you can install this into a 2015-2017 model?

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I wonder if Ford or someone else will provide an upgrade kit where you can install this into a 2015-2017 model?
while I do like the 18 display... I sort of like the analog setup on mine. Just want to be able to put the speed in the center display. I personally dislike HUD but depends on the type of display, font, size etc. I sold my CTSv for my mustang and i liked the digital speed readout. Im also biased because my Zr1 has a giant lcd speed readout in the center with analog dials on the sides. personal preference really. But like others have mentioned, Since the center display is customizeable I think its sad that you can put the speed there.:frusty:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
We've got the digital speedo in the center screen of the GT350. I find it really useful in Europe because its hard to read the KPH on the analog gauge.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I would think it's as easy as a software update. Am I wrong?
Yes. You can't add a new display with just a software change. Unless you want a very small speed readout in the small LCD display between the current speedo & tach? Which would be too small to be useful, IMHO.

Isn't the 2018 supposed to add a HUD option?

Sponsored

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Yes. You can't add a new display with just a software change. Unless you want a very small speed readout in the small LCD display between the current speedo & tach? Which would be too small to be useful, IMHO.

Isn't the 2018 supposed to add a HUD option?
The lcd display between the gauges is the same size as my wife's escape which has a large font digital Speedo that is the perfect size. It is as simple as a software update, Ford just won't so it.

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
I will never understand who at Ford thought it was a good idea to be able to display "Average speed" with big numbers in the central display, and not be able to show "current speed" there. Stupid decision and easily fixable if they wanted to do it... but they don't.

Sawman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Cobra, 13 GT Vert, 15 GT, 12 535i, 16 F type R
The first thing I tried to change my center screen to before I drove off the lot was a digital speedo. No dice. I thought to myself "how f***ing stupid. Why would that screen not have that simple option". There seems to be a need at Ford to coddle the "manly men" who aren't really men at all by not offering auto's or DCT's in "performance" cars and it seems to have resonated with the lack of not putting the digital speedo as an option in that center readout. No reason it could not have been there as a scroll through option. Temp gauge? IAT? for a 5 mile trip to my shop? How about a quick glance down when I am passing through a school zone in front of a cop and see my speed in 3/4" high numbers I can focus on in a millisecond. No, no no. The guys on the forums will call me a pu**y if I use it. Don't put that extremely useful function for 90% of the owners in there. That makes too much sense.

To the OP, we missed the boat. There certainly would be a cost to Ford to add this after the fact so move on. I agree with you that it should have been there and there is no sane argument why it isn't.

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I prefer analog. But it really is a personal preference I guess.

Side note, isn't there an option / combo to get a digital MPH display? I could have sworn I did this a while back. Only drawback is that you have to do it every time you enter the car since it is a hidden/engineer setting.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
I prefer analog. But it really is a personal preference I guess.

Side note, isn't there an option / combo to get a digital MPH display? I could have sworn I did this a while back. Only drawback is that you have to do it every time you enter the car since it is a hidden/engineer setting.
Yes. In engineering mode. But it's tiny, ugly, and like you said, you have to go through the trouble of getting to it every time.
Sponsored