Sponsored

For you guys with PP GT's out there...

RMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby GT 5.0 Premium Fastback
I am at 13k miles just about & time for new tires but I plan on doing brakes at 20k maybe, what are you guys running ? O.E. pads & resurface original rotors or new rotors along w O.E pads at same time ? And where is the best source to find them ?
Sponsored

ridenfish39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
Unless you track your car the pp. takes should last a lot longer than that. The same couldn't be said for my shitty p zeros though, they were done at 10 k

OP
OP

RMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby GT 5.0 Premium Fastback
Good to know, the only complaint I have w the brakes is the brake squeal at low speeds (like 10-15 mph).

n8rfastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Comp Orange. 65 Fastback ,T5, 302
My brakes are great at 9k, and mines a job 1 car. My tires are fine as well. I don't know how you guys are wearing out tires by 10k. Lol

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
My brakes are great at 9k, and mines a job 1 car. My tires are fine as well. I don't know how you guys are wearing out tires by 10k. Lol
That, I would say is pretty good. My Pirelli's came off at 2300, and had 3/32's gone from the fronts with even wear across the width. No real hard cornering either. Glad they're off though... squirrelly in the rain.

That is all...

Sponsored

n8rfastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The pirellis blow. Even though mine are wearing slow I hate them. I can make the car break loose in 3rd pretty easy when it's cold out, and if it's raining this thing would be dangerous in track mode.

Guard 15 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
That, I would say is pretty good. My Pirelli's came off at 2300, and had 3/32's gone from the fronts with even wear across the width. No real hard cornering either. Glad they're off though... squirrelly in the rain.

That is all...
What did you replace them with?

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
The pirellis blow. Even though mine are wearing slow I hate them. I can make the car break loose in 3rd pretty easy when it's cold out, and if it's raining this thing would be dangerous in track mode.
Dude stay safe, those pirelli's are dangerous anything below 55.

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

That is all...
At the right tire pressure and not in cold weather I thought the Pirelli's were quite decent in the rain. But that's me.

Summer tires + cold weather...what do you expect? I break mine loose in 3rd right now but it's also been 40-45 degrees outside and summer rubber hates those temperatures.

Maybe don't drive around in track mode in poor/cold weather?

I'm all for better tires stock or replacement over the OEM Pirelli. But I'm not wasting money to replace tires when I can just adjust how I drive in them.

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
They are not meant to be used in the cold. Hence the "Summer tire" rating on them.

Sponsored

n8rfastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I realize that. I drive them easy when it's cold. When I wear them out I'll get a max performance all season tire, but not while I've got good tread and I mostly highway commute.

fastertoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost, 2015 Mustang GT
Can't figure out Track Mode

We have a loaded Ecoboost and the switch is a toogle at the bottom of the stack, I also just bought myself a Base GT with the only options being the Performance Pack and the Recaro's, I can not figure out how to get it in to Track Mode, the only buttons at the bottom are Flashers, Traction Control and Steering. If I hit the Trac Control twice it goes in to Sport Mode, but nothing says Track Mode. Can any one help?

fastertoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost, 2015 Mustang GT
Oh ya, The Ecoboost is a 15' and the GT is a 16"

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We have a loaded Ecoboost and the switch is a toogle at the bottom of the stack, I also just bought myself a Base GT with the only options being the Performance Pack and the Recaro's, I can not figure out how to get it in to Track Mode, the only buttons at the bottom are Flashers, Traction Control and Steering. If I hit the Trac Control twice it goes in to Sport Mode, but nothing says Track Mode. Can any one help?

Only on premium model. Hold the traction control button for 5 seconds to disable advancetrac.
Sponsored