Sponsored

Focus St and V6 mustang

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
What do you mean the v6 isnt safe lol? Its good for 450 to 500 whp lol. I looked at the st...and i had a modded zx3 2.3 a while back that was was fairly quick. But i find fwd boring...and pretty hard to make work with alot of power
LOL I had the same car except with a 2.0 Duratec setup. Fun but does not hold a candle to the Stang.

411555311.jpg
Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
yeah, my 2.3 was full bolt ons, made 200hp/200tq at the flywheel. fun little car for sure. best I could get it to do was a 14.8...0-60 was awesome just didn't have any power for the top end. it had a posi, and 4.06 gears too. full length headers, borla cat back. plus the other goodies. had a tune too but didn't do a damn thing lol. had a bunch of suspension bits too. handled extremely well. but fwd is boring to me lol....and fwd burnouts are laaame :p
at the time I worked at a place called central coast mustang/focus central. they went out of business in 2005 shortly after I left there. was a fun job though!

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
yeah, my 2.3 was full bolt ons, made 200hp/200tq at the flywheel. fun little car for sure. best I could get it to do was a 14.8...0-60 was awesome just didn't have any power for the top end. it had a posi, and 4.06 gears too. full length headers, borla cat back. plus the other goodies. had a tune too but didn't do a damn thing lol. had a bunch of suspension bits too. handled extremely well. but fwd is boring to me lol....and fwd burnouts are laaame :p
at the time I worked at a place called central coast mustang/focus central. they went out of business in 2005 shortly after I left there. was a fun job though!
I remember Focus Central. The throttlebody in the picture is actually a FC throttle body.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
yeah, my 2.3 was full bolt ons, made 200hp/200tq at the flywheel. fun little car for sure. best I could get it to do was a 14.8...0-60 was awesome just didn't have any power for the top end. it had a posi, and 4.06 gears too. full length headers, borla cat back. plus the other goodies. had a tune too but didn't do a damn thing lol.
You go all out with your cars. I really want to go full bolt on plus the ecoboost parts but money has to be elsewhere for now.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
well it was 2005, and my boss wanted the new mustang GT....so he sold me his 2003 zx3 with literally every mod you could put on a focus, for what he owed on it....and it had like 600 miles lololol. it was a fun ride. even hard corbeu seats, partial cage, a number of RS interior pices, rs style bumper, svt wheels....and the list goes on. payed 9k for the car. sold it 8 months later for 11500 :p

Sponsored

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The ST is not that great for any dig racing unless you throw some massive tires in the front and it still wants to spin. It is a lot better if you are into roll racing, then it can run a v6 all day. GT is completely out of the question unless you have a big turbo and you would need a modded ST to run the Ecoboost. I had a stage 3 ST with WMI and was running EB all day. FWD was fun at first but it was fun when I was younger.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Coming from a 2013 Focus ST I will say that whether I was stock or not, V6 and EB mustangs were of no concern out on the streets...mainly because dig races on the street are a crapshoot traction wise for all parties involved and roll races take away the ST's Achilles heal (FWD). Around here, there arent many V6's or Ecoboost Mustangs that are modded past simple boltons, but even then I didnt get messed with much by Mustangs...mostly Veloster Turbo goofballs and GTIs. I love the 2015 GT that replaced my ST and HATED FWD while I had it but it was a fantastic car that I loved every second I was in it (even if I was spinnin thru 4th and torque steering when it did finally hook LOL). My wife hated the Recaros and loves the new Mustang's seats so I guess win win for us all.

Matt

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
The ST is not that great for any dig racing unless you throw some massive tires in the front and it still wants to spin. It is a lot better if you are into roll racing, then it can run a v6 all day. GT is completely out of the question unless you have a big turbo and you would need a modded ST to run the Ecoboost. I had a stage 3 ST with WMI and was running EB all day. FWD was fun at first but it was fun when I was younger.
400 pound feet of torque on 235/40R18's will do that. Part of why I like the ST modded. :headbang:

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I traded a 13 Focus ST for my 15 Ecoboost Mustang.

Stock to stock the Ecoboost was noticeably quicker. The Focus with a tune, CAI and exhaust was quicker than the stock Ecoboost but my Ecoboost with tune, CAI and exhaust takes the advantage again.

For the average driver it is much easier to launch the Mustang than the Focus. The ST has a real problem with wheel hop, even with the upgraded motor mounts that came out on a TSB.

Toms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang v6 2016
I had similar experience coming from a vw tiguan (same weight as the v6 mustang surprisingly)with 2.0 turbo. These turbo cars with auto tranny feels so much faster lol. But it not actually a fair comparison as turbos make power down low so you can feel its power within all the powerband when you daily it (1500-3500 rpm). But feel fast and being fast is a whole different story though.

When comparing tiguan with my dad's bmw 435, the tiguan feels the speed more easily and when accelerating it just gives you the punch so much faster and instant. The 435 is similar to the mustang as it gives you a really linear feel. I would say that butt dyno seems to be caring only about torque and thats the reason turbo cars feels faster. To be honest i am somehow unsatisfied with the acceleration of my mustang but the sound and the price of it is hard to beat.

OP
OP
BE6Pony

BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 15 V6 / Focus ST / 14 Fiesta S
Well this wasn't the most fair race considering my mods.. but it is what it is as it sits now, Wifes focus st stock vs my v6 modded pulled 2 car lengths off the bat and she said I kept pulling away. Planning on doing mods to the focus st then will try again. from 50mph
Sponsored