Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 15 V6 / Focus ST / 14 Fiesta S
  • Banned
I recently purchased a 2013 Focus st this weekend for my wife and I love it, def fun, but I went to find out some info on the car from their forums, let me tell you they bash the v6 hard and how much faster the st is, I mean driving the 2 I am like I say no way.
Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
It'll always be like that with the V6. They also bash others cause they want an RS but don't have one, they have massive RS envy. As for one being faster than the other I'm not sure.

lzaffuto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Vert
Stock for stock I think they are pretty comparable. Because the ST is turbo it's easier to make more power with it; because it is FWD it is harder to put it down effectively. The cross section of buyers looking at both has to be pretty small though. You would have to be looking at only performance and price which they are most similar. They are very different in looks, sound, feel, and especially comfort and utility...

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Gapped the F out of that guy!

Sponsored

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
BS! I drove a Focus ST and it's a mid 14 sec car at best. No way should it come close to an EB or a V6 Stang.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
I had a 13 V6 mustang I was seriously contemplating a ST. Driving one is way different than RWD cars. I couldn't figure out how to launch it during the test drive.

When it came down to it I felt like I was settling since I have always wanted a GT and this was going to just hold me over. Don't get me wrong, it is a great little car for what it is especially if you have a ST2 or ST3. The interior is awesome although extremely tight. But it didn't seem any faster than my V6. I bet a tune really opens things up. I'm still contemplating getting one for a daily driver. That or a Si.

richmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Race Red 5.0 Premium
For what it's worth, a year ago me and an old co-worker ran our stock cars from about 60 to 80-85 and we were dead even, his a manual and mine an auto. I may have been able to take him on top end but we never tried.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
These are one of the cars I crossed shopped my V6 with (the other ones being the Fiesta ST and EB Mustang). End of the day I felt I got more bang for you buck in performance with the Mustang. The V6 Mustang is often overlooked as a performer (one of the best kept secrets IMHO). I love the reactions at the track when people think you have an Ecoboost or something else under the hood after a pass. The ST was fun and offered more utility (I do miss being able to carry my bike inside the car) but the awful turning radius was the deal-breaker for me. Hopefully this improves with the MK4. Both cars are winners in my book but the sleekness and the smooth/revy V6 won me over.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
Check my sig. My ST will hang with my modded GT till third. an intercooler, downpipe and tune (i.e. less than $1000 in mods) goes a long way on the ST, taking the stock 252hp/270tq up to 330hp/410tq on a car that's 400-600lbs lighter than the Mustang depending on options and trim. It's definitely not anything to discount, when it's cheap basic mods on the ST that'll get you there. If it's already capable of hanging with a stock coyote with next to nothing into it, what makes you think the v6 is safe?

Sponsored

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Check my sig. My ST will hang with my modded GT till third. an intercooler, downpipe and tune (i.e. less than $1000 in mods) goes a long way on the ST, taking the stock 252hp/270tq up to 330hp/410tq on a car that's 400-600lbs lighter than the Mustang depending on options and trim. It's definitely not anything to discount, when it's cheap basic mods on the ST that'll get you there. If it's already capable of hanging with a stock coyote with next to nothing into it, what makes you think the v6 is safe?
Whoa now lol. Nobody said mod for mod the V6 was better. ;) I lived the Focus life I know what they're capable of. However for my tastes was not what I wanted and stock for stock most STs are 14.8 1/4 mile due to traction issues. The weight difference between the V6 and refreshed MK3 is also closer (picked up weight since your body style). Nice car by the way.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
i noticed on focusst.org really the "traction" issues is always complete noob drivers pulling off a 2.7 60' and feeling proud about that 14.9@103 when if they launched properly like something street respectable like even a 2.0-2.1 they'd pull a 13.5@103.

it's always bad driving, and few ST owners care enough to invest the money into some DRs to yank that 60' down from the moon.

Yeah, they'll dog the v6 hard because it's basically getting no love from Ford right now, but I've seen many a v6 in my day that have surprised a trash talker, but they almost always had a power adder strapped to them.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i noticed on focusst.org really the "traction" issues is always complete noob drivers pulling off a 2.7 60' and feeling proud about that 14.9@103 when if they launched properly like something street respectable like even a 2.0-2.1 they'd pull a 13.5@103.

it's always bad driving, and few ST owners care enough to invest the money into some DRs to yank that 60' down from the moon.

Yeah, they'll dog the v6 hard because it's basically getting no love from Ford right now, but I've seen many a v6 in my day that have surprised a trash talker, but they almost always had a power adder strapped to them.
There's some mild bolt-on/tuned V6's on here that run 13.2-13.4 (no "major" power adders / no spray). I've ran against an S197 3.7 V6 that did 13 flat with nothing but a tune and good driving (no fancy tires). Just because it doesn't have a snail makes it a slouch lol. I will agree with you, I don't like seeing the ST get dogged (especially by RSX owners with full builds comparing it to a stock turbo ST) because it's a very capable vehicle. The ST is much more of a road racer than a drag racer.

Last edited:

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
What do you mean the v6 isnt safe lol? Its good for 450 to 500 whp lol. I looked at the st...and i had a modded zx3 2.3 a while back that was was fairly quick. But i find fwd boring...and pretty hard to make work with alot of power

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
Well I was talking about stock performance.. the ST stock will not beat a V6/EB with equal drivers. Good, fun lil car I'll admit with ample space.

Now when your increasing the boost then it's a totally different game. A modded 5.0 with a tune and full bolt-ons will run 11's to low 12's without a sweat.. when I had my m6 EB, tuned and CAI will get me around mid 13's.. add intercooler, downpipe and catback can maybe push me in the 12's depending on my 60'.

It may seem slow but I'm being realistic here. The ST isn't that much different unless it's running over 25 lbs of boost and pushing hard to be able to keep close to a modded 5.0

I drove the ST plenty of time.. fun lil car but they didn't make it to be faster than the EB even with mods. The RS is faster than the EB/V6/ST but not by much. Seen a handful of YouTube videos of it running high 13's stock.
Sponsored