Sponsored

Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back opinions?

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Same here.... Some days I want loud and some I don't. Catless downpipe with a cutout with stock exhaust and love it. Sounds stock with a hint of more turbo whistle when closed. With it open nice and loud with ALOT of turbo whistle lol. Only thing I did was cut off the stock tips on the stock mufflers and put 4" ones.
which tips did you go with on the stock mufflers? Got pics?
Sponsored

ecoboosting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Ecoboost PP
I love mine. Kept stock resonator in and I think it was loud already can't imagine without resonator. I get a lot of compliments on my exhaust setup with deletes cat to my flow master outlaw. No drone in 6th gear and some in others but that's perfect for me.

ecoboosting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Ecoboost PP
Have you guys heard videos or in person. I've heard both and had muffler deletes. There's almost no difference at all. Not even sure how you would expect a difference considering it's just a bullet style muffler. Now I have a cutout so best of both worlds. Quiet as stock closed and nice and loud with it open.

I rather just spend $80-100 on a muffler delete instead of 400+ on an outlaw system. But to each their own

Haven't you heard my car? Lol I even did the 2 step for you haha

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
You won't regret it! Also great exhaust cuz if it's too quiet you can buy the y-pipe and it'll fit right on.

[MENTION=18599]iEcobeast[/MENTION] What's odd about that is AM rated the axle-back louder than the axle-back + y-pipe. I even Asked a question on the page and they came back saying that this was the case, it's quieter than the axle-back alone.

iEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Ecoboost Performance Pack
[MENTION=18599]iEcobeast[/MENTION] What's odd about that is AM rated the axle-back louder than the axle-back + y-pipe. I even Asked a question on the page and they came back saying that this was the case, it's quieter than the axle-back alone.
I can guarentee you that the outlaws are louder with the y-pipe. When I had just the axle-back it had 0 drone, as soon as I removed that resonator I heard a TINY drone at 4k RPMs. Idk why AM rated it as quieter but its definitely not.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's my thought. How the hell can a y pipe setup be quieter than with a resonator haha

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I just got done installing mine and driving it for a good bit.

Holy shit. 100% impressed with what it's done for a 4 cylinder. No joke videos don't do these justice. They definitely put out some noise but I wouldn't call it loud at all. Coming from a v6 Roush setup...this is like half as loud. Definitely deep and throaty with some nice pops and burbles. I drove with my seats down and it was nice and deep.

I can't complain at all for spending under $200.

ecoboosting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Ecoboost PP
lol glad you liked it :) it will take some time to settle probably get a little quieter.

Stangalang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT Altas Blue
I ran the outlaw axle-back for awhile, loved the deep tone and occasional pops and crackle. It was still quiet for me so I installed the flowmaster y-pipe resonator delete. Tone sounded the same with the deepness, however volume and crackliness increased slightly. Now I run the outlaw catback with a 3" catless downpipe and I released a hive of bees, super loud, super obnoxious, yes it drones. If loud isn't for you then Axlebacks only would be good. If you want to be mildly louder, go for the catback.
Sorry for replying to an old post. I have a Ecoboost, I'm going to install the axleback this weekend. Do you have any sort of video of them at highway speeds? I just wanted to hear if it's droney, or like you said, if you want to step on it, you'll hear it, when you wanna relax just cruise at the speeds. (10spd auto)
Sponsored