First Turbo 2015 GT - Hellion [UPDATED with Dyno Results]

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Well hello Clarice!

Can't even imagine the 5.2 twin turbo GT 500.....
Indeed......That seem very specific for a random thought. Me thinks ye need to spill it !!

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Um...Yes.

For your 2010, to make 750 WHP, you had to do a few things. It was not stock, and you just put the kit on and made those numbers, you had to get at the least

1. Fuel pumps, or a boost-a-pump
2. Bigger Injectors

plus a few others things to make it better such as exhaust, and a one piece shaft so you did not twist the stock one right off.. clutch...So I will say it takes a little massaging. If you did not do ANYTHING listed here, then you were one of the lucky ones...
Nope, you're right, it did have bigger injectors and a BAP on it. Stock driveshaft and clutch though and ne'er an issue.

Suddueth13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
The rods won't be the issues with this generation of Coyote and boost. It'll be the pistons as they are the only thing that isn't forged I do believe. That means with an excellent or safe tune, water/meth injection, and even E85, it's possible the motor could live fine at those levels.

Sponsored

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
First time I've seen someone use that description. Care to share more? ;)
Ha,just pure speculation.
I know the GT 350 is getting a new motor "the voodoo" or something that is a 5.2 L

It just makes logical sense (to me) that the GT 500 will be a twin turbo setup since that is what they brought out with the Ecoboost. I don't think you'll see the standard blower on the new GT 500, its been done before but I think Ford is about shaking things up!

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
didnt they say 2014 was the last year of the GT500 to honor carol shelbys death?

BOSS 32V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT pp
Very impressive numbers!

burntire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs
The rods won't be the issues with this generation of Coyote and boost. It'll be the pistons as they are the only thing that isn't forged I do believe. That means with an excellent or safe tune, water/meth injection, and even E85, it's possible the motor could live fine at those levels.
Lack of quality Oil pump gears is an issue with boost.

Sponsored

95cobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I don't see more then 7-8psi on these motors and this is on any power system. They upped the piston ring location so its like the Mach1 was. Not boost friendly.
So BBR says no more than 7-8 and then tunes for 14.5 ... Does no one else see an issue with this? :shrug: