Sponsored

Finally Saw a 2018 in person! Walkaround Video!

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ford really took a step forward with the "improvements" for the 2018. Unfortunately, they also took 1 step back in regards to the body. Why mess with something that was so attractive already? The new hood is even worse than the OEM 15-17 hood and that rear spoiler is no better. I guess it's easy to switch out those 2 body parts for aftermarket stuff. The prices look ridiculous though........ you can get a 17 model for so much less $.
Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Ford really took a step forward with the "improvements" for the 2018. Unfortunately, they also took 1 step back in regards to the body. Why mess with something that was so attractive already? The new hood is even worse than the OEM 15-17 hood and that rear spoiler is no better. I guess it's easy to switch out those 2 body parts for aftermarket stuff. The prices look ridiculous though........ you can get a 17 model for so much less $.
You can also get a 18 for a lot less when 19 is coming out if you compare it this way:shrug:.

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Like I said in the OP, what comes off looking droopy, and sad in photos looks aggressive, and sharp in person to me. Of course this is just my opinion, and I respect yours, as well as everyone else's.
Thank you for the video and your opinion. As one of the few people who actually has seen one, your write up and video means a lot.

I do think the '18s look good and the improvements are great. I don't see people trading in their '15-'17 GTs though for one. BUT, I can definitely see '15-'17 Eco/V6 owners going all in on an '18 GT though.

OP
OP
SVTDSM

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Thank you for the video and your opinion. As one of the few people who actually has seen one, your write up and video means a lot.

I do think the '18s look good and the improvements are great. I don't see people trading in their '15-'17 GTs though for one. BUT, I can definitely see '15-'17 Eco/V6 owners going all in on an '18 GT though.
Thanks!

I don't think any '17 GT owners will be running to their dealers to trade up, but it's fairly common for people to only keep a car for 2 years, so I do think quite a few '15-'16 GT owners will make the switch within the next year. We'll know for sure soon enough.

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Thanks!

I don't think any '17 GT owners will be running to their dealers to trade up, but it's fairly common for people to only keep a car for 2 years, so I do think quite a few '15-'16 GT owners will make the switch within the next year.
Maybe so. Depreciation hits Mustangs HARD though. Btw, nice car. 350Rs are bad ass.

Sponsored

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
OP,thanks for taking the time to post. The front end looks like the front of Darth Vader's helmet. Happy with my new '17.

OP
OP
SVTDSM

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
OP
OP
SVTDSM

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
OP,thanks for taking the time to post. The front end looks like the front of Darth Vader's helmet. Happy with my new '17.
You're welcome! Yep, I'm happy with my '17 as well. The '18 will make a nice addition to the stable though.:D

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I have to say, every time I look at the 18's, I notice something new about it. It is really growing on me. Maybe a PP2 is in my future. Thanks for posting OP.

OP
OP
SVTDSM

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I have to say, every time I look at the 18's, I notice something new about it. It is really growing on me. Maybe a PP2 is in my future. Thanks for posting OP.
That PP2 is looking damn good! I personally think it will be as fast as a GT350 on track.

Sponsored

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
That PP2 is looking damn good! I personally think it will be as fast as a GT350 on track.
I really wouldn't be surprised if it was. The GT350 is fantastic, but this will be a more usable, better daily, Mustang.

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
I really do like the spoiler!
I do too. The part number just showed up on fordparts.com.... BUT!!!

the price might be ~1800. YIKES!

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I do too. The part number just showed up on fordparts.com.... BUT!!!

the price might be ~1800. YIKES!
I am sure you will be soon able to purchase a similar aftermarket for much less...:cheers:

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Thank you for the video OP....:thumbsup:

I still cant get a good feel for the front. Looks to 'catfishy' for my taste. But seeing one on a showroom floor, I am sure, would look better than pics or a video.

My 16 OW vert looks fantastic in person....I think.:D But I cant seem to get a good pic that does the car justice. I would think the 18's would be the same. Live is better.......:cheers:
Sponsored