avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Had time to muck about with it, something I wasn't able to do before. The 3 vents on the front blow at the same strength depending on fan speed. IF I set on high temp, left is hottest, middle is warm,right is luke warm,if I close left and middle vent the right feels warmer.AC blows out cold on all 3 to the point where your hand over the vent gets really cold so I can say that's ok.Auto set on about 22- 25, you don't feel the effects for a while but it suddenly hits you that the car is warming.I thought this for a while I don't like the system, it's either your cold or your sticky warm, the windows fog up easy,I'm not even sure my heated rear screen works yet lol.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Had time to muck about with it, something I wasn't able to do before. The 3 vents on the front blow at the same strength depending on fan speed. IF I set on high temp, left is hottest, middle is warm,right is luke warm,if I close left and middle vent the right feels warmer.AC blows out cold on all 3 to the point where your hand over the vent gets really cold so I can say that's ok.Auto set on about 22- 25, you don't feel the effects for a while but it suddenly hits you that the car is warming.I thought this for a while I don't like the system, it's either your cold or your sticky warm, the windows fog up easy,I'm not even sure my heated rear screen works yet lol.
Heated rear windscreen doesn't do much for fog :lol:

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah what I ment was i haven't driven it yet with a frosty screen to see it work lol, anyway booked it in for them to have a look at.I assume it's a similar system on a focus or fiesta.My handbrake sounds like a creaking boat, on a hill pull away yesterday it sounded like king Tuts coffin opening up, they can look at that as well.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah what I ment was i haven't driven it yet with a frosty screen to see it work lol, anyway booked it in for them to have a look at.I assume it's a similar system on a focus or fiesta.My handbrake sounds like a creaking boat, on a hill pull away yesterday it sounded like king Tuts coffin opening up, they can look at that as well.
Give them all the issues ;)!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Had a play tonight and the heater appears to be working as expected. Keeping it at 23 on auto and not much comes out the three vents. Manually setting the heater to face produces fairly even results across all three. Heated seats work too :thumbsup:

Another thumbs up for me is the way the red top parts of the controls appear closer than the blue bottom parts when lit...but maybe i've just been affected by too much heat...

Sponsored

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Have done a bit of research and these things are failing.
The original problem with the actuators was the cogs were shearing and when you demanded heat they would click behind the dash as the gears would miss.Ford addressed the problem with bigger gears, great, but the voltage pickup points on the circuit board are smaller and failing.The shaft would loose it's position and stop, that could be in the hot or cold position.The problem is they are behind the dash, so there could be additional issues.
Drove back from Cornwall today and believe me when the temperature dropped it wasn't much fun on my side of the car.It goes in tmorrow for them to investigate, but as much as I want it fixed I hate that they will be removing part of the dash to do it .Keep an eye on this lads because as far as I know it hasn't been resolved.

Techne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fallowcafe.com
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT in Guard
Funnily enough I was about to post about this myself - as with yours mine pumps hot air from the left and the mid and right are cold - car eventually gets to temp but definitely doesn't seem right. Noticed more with the colder weather lately.

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Get it back to the dealers, now it's getting cold your side of the screen won't clear.These will start failing, had my car nearly a year and it could have failed ages ago only drive it at weekends so I was
mainly on cool or AC.
Lots of AC failures in the US (evaporator) as well
So Today its
Heater
Excessive handbrake travel(really creaks when released)
No boot light
They will probably have to order the part so it will be another trip :doh:

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Handbrake adjused
Boot light wasn't connected in the loom??
No joy with the heat, they swopped them over, at first I thought it had worked but on the journey home it was just luke warm air coming through on Hi, and a bit warmer when stationary.They've ordered 2 actuators now but I have my doubts.I've now got a clicking noise like dropping gravel on a tin when I first turn the fan system on which I didn't have before.What are you supposed to do :frusty:

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
You'll probably find that now the boot light is connected it will stay on all the time and your battery will be flat tomorrow. :frusty:

Sponsored
OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Already checked for that, it does go out

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
All fixed,well done Haynes couple of days for parts.The dash doesn't come out,there behind the centre part.Also they've got California special grills in stock :headbang:

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well it lasted about 3hrs,back to how it was in the beginning, heat only passenger side, my vents cold :mad:

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Back at dealers yesterday still waiting to hear what the nxt step is.If I'm hoping they check the system for leaks.If its the evaporator then it's a dash full out job.Apparantly Ford have tried a couple of designs for these so it's sods law if you have a failure.My one is the first at the dealers with this problem so you can imagine if the dash has to come out, it's only recently they started servicing mustangs lol.

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The dash has to come out, apparently it's a fault within the loom, high resistance joints that's why the actuators were playing up so a complete new loom has to go in.
This was my fear that the whole dash had to come out because that in itself could be further problems.This has gone on for 2 weeks and if I wasn't off work it would have been a nightmare trying to get to the dealers.As much as I love this car I'm seriously thinking of trading it in when it's sorted ( 11 months 10000 miles and 3 services lol).I know it's a bit drastic but I can't be bothered with the hassle and to top it all the drivers side puddle light has gone AGAIN
Sponsored