avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've been in contact with a couple of guys over the pond who started having similar issues as me, no heat,and was warned it was the start of the dreaded evaporator failure.
Well every thing started to work again at the weekend even though on max AC the drivers side was less cold which was suspicious, anyway I was glad I had heat when selected.
Well tonight I thought I would try max AC and it totally failed with it blowing out really hot
Which at least has proved what I've been saying for weeks and not this bloody wiring loom & actuators.
So more phone calls tomorrow.
Sponsored

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well Haynes of maidstone had my car for 4 days for the dash out and loom fix and all I can say is they did a bloody good job, not only in the fault finding but the installation of the loom and Dash, no gaps, squeaks or rattles.As you know I was apprehensive of this but it had to be done, and I had my doubts on the diagnosis but to be fair they were right.The loom is in and everything is working as it should.So God forbid if anyone has a failure like mine or AC problems and you are near Maidstone at least you know they have some knowledge of what needs to be done.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Well Haynes of maidstone had my car for 4 days for the dash out and loom fix and all I can say is they did a bloody good job, not only in the fault finding but the installation of the loom and Dash, no gaps, squeaks or rattles.As you know I was apprehensive of this but it had to be done, and I had my doubts on the diagnosis but to be fair they were right.The loom is in and everything is working as it should.So God forbid if anyone has a failure like mine or AC problems and you are near Maidstone at least you know they have some knowledge of what needs to be done.
Wahooo, glad to see it's fixed, and no issues, be glad you didn't see the dash all out and naked, i assume that would've given you heart palpitations lol!

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Already taking tablets for that lol, they said it was a big job but they had 2 on it and it wasn't too bad.I still think there is a recognised problem with the AC evaporator core that may surface over here but the loom fault was just bad luck as mine was one of the first builds.I was surprised how fast they got the loom over as it's not a ready part unless they nicked it off the assembly line lol.I must admit I was ready to throw in the towel and trade it in, mainly through frustration then anything else, I might get other problems but it wont stop me dreaming of a supercharger and i really fancy some painted ghost stripes for this year :clap2:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Already taking tablets for that lol, they said it was a big job but they had 2 on it and it wasn't too bad.I still think there is a recognised problem with the AC evaporator core that may surface over here but the loom fault was just bad luck as mine was one of the first builds.I was surprised how fast they got the loom over as it's not a ready part unless they nicked it off the assembly line lol.I must admit I was ready to throw in the towel and trade it in, mainly through frustration then anything else, I might get other problems but it wont stop me dreaming of a supercharger and i really fancy some painted ghost stripes for this year :clap2:
DO it, both of them :thumbsup:

Sponsored

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately after nearly 3 months my heater has started playing up again, heat passenger side cold drivers side, exactly where I was at the start.I can't have been unlucky enough to have 2 faulty looms so my guess is the system is breaking down somewhere after time.Surely I can't be the only one in the UK with this problem, and I won't be happy if the dash has to come out again.I don't really know what to do as yet again it's a day off work to get it looked at that's 8 times now.It's ok now were're in spring, but in the winter it's a pain in the arse clearning the screen.In my mind it can't be the loom so it has to be the control system (actuators)
But I had 2 of them replaced last time.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Unfortunately after nearly 3 months my heater has started playing up again, heat passenger side cold drivers side, exactly where I was at the start.I can't have been unlucky enough to have 2 faulty looms so my guess is the system is breaking down somewhere after time.Surely I can't be the only one in the UK with this problem, and I won't be happy if the dash has to come out again.I don't really know what to do as yet again it's a day off work to get it looked at that's 8 times now.It's ok now were're in spring, but in the winter it's a pain in the arse clearning the screen.In my mind it can't be the loom so it has to be the control system (actuators)
But I had 2 of them replaced last time.
Sorry to hear of your issues Ted, have you put this issue on the US side of this site? they have many more cars in the US and Canada than us, they might be able to help you?

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I have but the main problem in the US has been regarding the AC evaporator core, some have had their dashes out a couple of times, i haven't heard of blend actuators failing either(the old ones did)This must be a problem that maybe some owners don't realise they have.
I can't be the only RHD in the country with it, and Ford service have been chucking parts at it and obviously the loom was a major operation.If I run full AC it blows out cold so I've always assumed that it was ok plus they double checked it last time, the diagnosis was always actuators and or wiring loom bad connection.I've spent days off work trying to get this sorted for months yet it's back again and booked into nxt week for diagnosis.I can't ever see this getting properly fixed.:tsk:

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Yes I have but the main problem in the US has been regarding the AC evaporator core, some have had their dashes out a couple of times, i haven't heard of blend actuators failing either(the old ones did)This must be a problem that maybe some owners don't realise they have.
I can't be the only RHD in the country with it, and Ford service have been chucking parts at it and obviously the loom was a major operation.If I run full AC it blows out cold so I've always assumed that it was ok plus they double checked it last time, the diagnosis was always actuators and or wiring loom bad connection.I've spent days off work trying to get this sorted for months yet it's back again and booked into nxt week for diagnosis.I can't ever see this getting properly fixed.:tsk:

Can you describe exactly what your issue is mate.
I will go out in a bit and do a test on mine

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Your probably be alright lol, warm it up put it on full heat.
On mine, directional is ok, but if I put on high heat and put on face the centre vents, the far left will be hot, the centre one will be cooler, the drIvers side will be cold, the drivers side vent in the corner will be cold.The widscreen, passenger side half will blow out hot, drivers side half, cold.Full AC cold both sides.This was the problem from the start, door actuators changed worked ok for a couple of hours, then direction was all cocked up and diagnosed faulty loom,that was fitted all ok for 3 months.When working last week put on hot, full windscreen heat ok, equal heat across centre vents ok on demand and corners, direction all worked.

Sponsored

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Your probably be alright lol, warm it up put it on full heat.
On mine, directional is ok, but if I put on high heat and put on face the centre vents, the far left will be hot, the centre one will be cooler, the drIvers side will be cold, the drivers side vent in the corner will be cold.The widscreen, passenger side half will blow out hot, drivers side half, cold.Full AC cold both sides.This was the problem from the start, door actuators changed worked ok for a couple of hours, then direction was all cocked up and diagnosed faulty loom,that was fitted all ok for 3 months.When working last week put on hot, full windscreen heat ok, equal heat across centre vents ok on demand and corners, direction all worked.
When I get a spare 5mins I will check mine. I completely forgot about this thread and I remember my wife sitting in the passenger seat saying she was feeling cold air from one centre vent but the vent near the door was hot.

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
I'm having the same issue with my heater. The passenger side gets hot but no heat on driver side.
Going to call my dealer to see if they can take a look at it.

Mine was built Aug 2015

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That's a coincidence, mine was August 2015 aswell

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Hate to resurrect a problem but better than starting a new thread....
Mine has done the same as yours Ted. Hot passenger side, cold drivers side. You literally can draw a line down the centre of the car and say left is hot and right is cold, middle of the line warm. No fun now the temperature is dropping and the door vent for the door window is blowing cold air in your face :(.
What exactly am I explaining to Ford Dunton when I go there please mate as in what parts actually fixed yours in the end?

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi mate,yes the dreaded mustang climate control.
I would first get them to check the blend door actuators,my ones were supposed to be faulty.2 were changed then within me driving back home it all went wrong again.They took it in again and started swopping parts over from a donor car.Thats when they discovered the wiring loom had high resistance connections.That meant dash out and wiring loom change.After that all was well for a few months then it went wrong again, this time blend actuator link came off which was easily fixed.So far its been ok but I'm not convinced the system works that good.If you check out the dash vents different temps come out of all 3.if you are on full AC the drivers side vent is always not as cold as passenger side.I'm sure eventually the evaporator core will go.Must be a first build problem, but oil cooler has been ok and no other problems touch wood!
Sponsored