Sponsored

Fat House Performance Coolant Tanks

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Bronco Sport Outerbanks
Good Morning,
I received my Fat House Coolant Tanks after preordering November. These combined with the Red anodized caps look great. The fitment on the Radiator tank is a little strange and i have reached out to see if they meant for us to put spacers in between the bolts or of it was meant to "hover". Overall i am very happy with the build quality. Just though i would share.

IMG_1771.jpg
IMG_1769.jpg

Sponsored

Last edited:

Dler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Good Morning,
I received my Fat House Coolant Tanks after preordering November. These combined with the Red anodized caps look great. The fitment on the Radiator tank is a little strange and i have reached out to see if they meant for us to put spacers in between the bolds or of it was meant to "hover". Overall i am very happy with the build quality. Just though i would share.

IMG_1771.jpg
IMG_1769.jpg

I would think for what they charge……that should be a perfect fit.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Certainly looks great! Dresses up the engine bay very nicely.
I don't like that the entire container is opaque though. One transparent measurement line to quickly check the fluid level on the side of the container would have been nice.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I think you need to use shorter bolts. The thickness of the tank flange is less than the thickness of the factory plastic flange and therefore the ends of the bolts are hitting the radiator shroud and causing the tank to rise as you tighten the bolts.

You could also use spacers to correct the problem, but visually they will be noticeable.

OP
OP
Saxgod

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you need to use shorter bolts. The thickness of the tank flange is less than the thickness of the factory plastic flange and therefore the ends of the bolts are hitting the radiator shroud and causing the tank to rise as you tighten the bolts.

You could also use spacers to correct the problem, but visually they will be noticeable.
You know the tab at the back? it is longer than the stock tank and hits a stop, not allowing the tank to go down more. If i use shorter bolts the tank would sit lower in the front than the back. The same happens when I tighten the bolts down and pull the tank down but then it is stressing where the tab is in the plastic radiator holder.

As a FYI no instructions were sent with these so i may have not installed it per their recommendations, still waiting to hear from them.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I would use spacers, it is not rocket science. :bow:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You know the tab at the back? it is longer than the stock tank and hits a stop, not allowing the tank to go down more. If i use shorter bolts the tank would sit lower in the front than the back. The same happens when I tighten the bolts down and pull the tank down but then it is stressing where the tab is in the plastic radiator holder.

As a FYI no instructions were sent with these so i may have not installed it per their recommendations, still waiting to hear from them.
Sounds like you either shorten the rear tab and use shorter front bolts, or do nothing and use spacers.

They should be sending directions as it's obvious this is not a plug-n-play replacement tank. They should also be supplying hardware in my opinion, but who am I?

Good luck, keep us posted.

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would use spacers, it is not rocket science. :bow:
It is not..... but...

Having done many different things with my car over the past four years, I discovered the most important thing to keep in mind is the height at the top of the cap.

When I initially installed a polished aluminum SA tank and their aluminum caps covers, the cap would hit the bottom of the rain tray.

When I switched to the black tank and the replacement aluminum caps that came with the SE package, it still was too close to use the rain tray. This was the case with also shaving some plastic tabs off of the radiator shroud.

SA now has a relocation bracket that allows their tank to fit without shaving the shroud. My point being is that although it's not rocket science, there is a good possibility there could be fitment issues if not paying attention to all the factors involved.

Not knowing if this new tank and cap sits higher, I might be inclined to shave the tab in the rear and use shorter front bolts.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
The website shows different bolts installed, not the OEM ones

Fathouse .png

1708965814106.png

OP
OP
Saxgod

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The website shows different bolts installed, not the OEM ones

Fathouse .png

1708965814106.png
Good catch, the lid is definitely very close to the vents in the hood and the rain tray would for sure hit.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Screen Shot 2024-02-26 at 1.54.02 PM.png

This tank is sitting lower, no threads are showing. I will assume that these screws are the only mount points, like OEM.

My GUESS, is your tank is not sitting low enough, a hose, wiring something interfering, under or on the backside.

The lower hose (BIG) is it fully seated?
Screen Shot 2024-02-26 at 1.52.49 PM.png

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
^ yeah something must be in the way.

Its really not a huge deal, even adding spacers would work. Well as long as its not seating too high to hit the hood. Even without bolts that thing aint going no where.

tonys_gt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Rapid Red GT500
The radiator gussets below that need to be cut in order for that to fit correctly. Those are designed to fit all mustang models, except for the GT500, so you will either need to use spacers or make cut-outs in the gussets that the tank is sitting on.

onelfastlride

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
GT500
I do not know about the Fat House Coolant Tank. But I believe the majority of 15-23 Coolant Tanks are made to fit all Mustangs, not the 2020-2022 GT500. Specifically the fan shroud. I recently installed the Mishimoto Tank. To make it fit you must trim some fan shroud gussets that sit directly below the tank. Otherwise it will not sit flush.

IMG_3893.jpeg
IMG_3880.jpeg
IMG_3878.jpeg

* you can see how Shelby mounted their tank on a 2020-2022 Shelby KR. Note the spacer pushing the tank back, likely to clear the gussets underneath.
CC31367D-450A-477F-9AD0-8DF5C4A4995D.jpeg

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
08 GT500, 17 GT350
There is a note on the Fathouse website
“2020+ GT500 requires slight trimming of the fan shroud for installation of the engine coolant reservoir”
It’s easy just score the gussets and they snap right off with pliers

IMG_8236.jpeg
Sponsored