Sponsored

Fake sound eliminator

svoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I noticed in the Ford Racing catalog that the Pro-Cal tune reduces or changes the symposium sound. Is there a way to do that on EBM?:shrug:
Sponsored

Jesse R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 2003 Mach 1
Yea..climb in the back seat..look up..see the little speaker looking thing dead center on the back of the headliner?...pull the headliner down..it only held up by magnets..disconnect the speaker...enjoy....profits!

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Yea..climb in the back seat..look up..see the little speaker looking thing dead center on the back of the headliner?...pull the headliner down..it only held up by magnets..disconnect the speaker...enjoy....profits!
Is this all it takes to get rid of it? :cheers:

Brometheus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP 6MT
What does disconnecting it do/change? First time hearing about this thing.

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Pretty much. It was a well discussed topic when the car first debuted. :thumbsup:
Thats amazing because I spent about two whole days googling for it and could find absolutely zip besides articles written by car mags when it first came out.

Maybe I was searching the wrong terms.

ThirtyThreePointThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 White EcoBoost AT
Yeah the only thing you'll find in mags is pulling the fuse for the sound system. Which disables all sound lol

I have an aftermarket sound system and will say disconnecting the rear mic removed all th moaning that my sub was doing as I'm pretty sure that mic is for ANC. However when I get on it i can still tell my speakers up front are playing sounds. If i bypass using the head unit as my sound input and go straight auxiliary from my phone to my DSP, I get no noise from the speakers no matter what rpm I'm at.

There was some discussion in the electronics section back in early 2015 about this. Myself and a couple other ppl came to the conclusion that the only way to get rid of it 100% is to bypass the factory amplifier under the drivers side dash by your left foot and run wires from the head unit to your speaker amplifiers if you had aftermarket equipment.

If you have stock speaker setup it won't go away 100% but it won't be as noticeable as compared to aftermarket stuff with that rear mic unplugged. So that's pretty much the best you can do as far as I know. There could be a better solution out there though

Hope this clarifies some things

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
I just tried this and will check out if it sounds any quieter later today. I almost unplugged the rear brake light by mistake, but believe I ended up disconnecting the correct piece. Its the black square thing actually attached to the ceiling material correct?

OxWhiteEB

GR8_WHT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Ecoboost

Which part should be unplugged? I can't unplug anything since everything is glued....

OP
OP

svoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I will look into unplugging the rear speaker and report back.
Sponsored