F-150 Manifold Testing/Journey

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Moreause, if you look back at the first couple pages in the thread you can see the dyno results of the before and after the IM install. The dyno was done with no changes to the tune. I'm sure getting a proper tune update would unleash even more TQ and HP. I have an F150 intake, just waiting to get time to install it.
Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm gonna give it a try. Paypal'd another member on here for their intake.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Which hole has to be plugged?

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
so i got mine on last week and then have been MIA getting married. but ive had a few more runs in the mustang since putting of the F150 IM. it def seems easier to take off with increased low end torque. its kinda hard to describe not drastically different but just a little bit more alive down low with the F150 mani. i emailed lund about tuning for the intake and they said i shouldnt have to mess with the tune in order for it to be safe but maximizing gains they suggested dyno tuning. seems to be running fine so i may just leave it for now. i did happen to notice on a WOT pull that i had neg knock until higher in rev range maybe 5k rpms i got a little positive maybe 1.xx so nothing terrible just i noticed some positive when i was all neg with GT mani. any questions let me know ill answer best i can. install took maybe 3 hours with my buddy and watching videos as we went. this was also my first mani swap

Dr.Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So I have no desire to try to install this myself bc I fear getting everything apart and not knowing how the hell to put it back together lol. The local mechanic that I go to quoted me abut $250 to install it, which isn't a lot but also isn't cheap.

For those of you that have installed it, is it worth the cost to install it?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
So I'm still reading this full thread, but from my understanding it seems that:

F-150 IM = better daily/low end
GT350 IM = better top end

Is this correct?

If so where would the BOSS IM fit in?

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
So I'm still reading this full thread, but from my understanding it seems that:

F-150 IM = better daily/low end
GT350 IM = better top end

Is this correct?

If so where would the BOSS IM fit in?
Boss intake is also better for top end, but has hood clearance issues. I believe the GT350 IM gives better gains than the Boss up top but i could be wrong.

tampasnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
I've got a week in of driving with mine installed and I am still happy. The easiest way to explain the difference is it feels like I have 3:55s instead of the stock gears. It's a bit more alive driving around day to day.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yup I just tapped it with 1/2 13 tap and bought the bolt from the auto store. I did think about using a 5/8 inch tap and plugging with a pvc plug. Do note if going my method try and get my bolt in 1/2 inch. I say this because the hole your plugging is less then 1 inch and personally i just didn't want the bolt protruding in the inside. If you cant get a shorter bolt then spacers can work as well.

[/URL][/IMG]

Maybe lol

From Late Model Restoration install of a pp3 manifold. This video helped me out alot. Of course there are some differences when installing the F150 vs the PP3.

I believe around the 10min mark they start explaining how to torque the bolts.
What size bolt did you use?

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
So I have no desire to try to install this myself bc I fear getting everything apart and not knowing how the hell to put it back together lol. The local mechanic that I go to quoted me abut $250 to install it, which isn't a lot but also isn't cheap.

For those of you that have installed it, is it worth the cost to install it?
I first got quoted $250 to do a manifold swap but ultimately ended up doing it myself. The only tools you will need are:

Tools:

8mm/10mm socket
Inch pound torque wrench (harbor freight sells for 15-20ish
Zip ties
Scissors to cut zip ties lol

Watch the video below and see if you feel comfortable (see notes section):

[ame]

Note ignore the following parts:
***5:53 no need to remove just continue with video and swing the hose out of the way***
1) 7:06-8:00 min- IMRC wire slicing. Not needed as current length is adequate
2)8:33-9:04- F150 mani has same solenoid. Just leave current one on.
3)9:04-Pause once manifold is out. See special note:

Special Note:
[URL=http://s1315.photobucket.com/u...jcart953/F150- Manifold_zpstpzowjtv.png[/IMG][/URL]

SPN 1)swap the yellow circle hose and tube onto back of F150 manifold
SPN 2) Right around the blue arrow on F150 mani there will be a hole. You can plug with sensor, or use 1/2-13 tap and 1/2-13 X 3/4 bolt ( 1 inch bolt can work but will slight protrude on the inside of manifold.). Use telflon tape or some sort of high temp silcon around bolt threads to seal better.

Ignore the following parts cont:

4) 9:09-9:32 - Offset gray cable tie. Unneeded factory length will work
5) 11:06-11:37- Heater hose support bolts. You lose the ability to bolt these down. In my case I just zip tied the support bracket, hose and foam all together. Just make sure your zip ties are not rubbing up against injector connectors.

6)12:01-12:51 Throttle body wire dissemble, etc. No need factory connections work with F150 Mani

7)13:16-14:03 GT350 CAI install. Ignore unless you have one lol. Otherwise just connect your stock, etc CAI.

Finish the rest of the video and relish in your accomplishment:first:

Another member posted this but might help with differences in manifolds in case i forgot something:

[ame]
What size bolt did you use?
If your tapping with the 1/2-13. I used a 1/2-13 X 1 inch bolt but a 1/2-13 X 3/4 should work as well.
Sponsored