Sponsored

Experience with CJPP emblems

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Anyone have experience with the external gt/5.0/pony emblems from CJPP? I see they have the OEM ones from the ford black package but i was looking at the matte too. Which ones matches the grill plastic the best?

Thanks
Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
From photos I like the matte black on the front grill as it kind of hides the logo. But the active shutters make the job not worth the effort of doing.

Jpol908

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A Ragtop
You can simply locate where the pins are on the pony and CAREFULLY use a 7/32 bit and drill the tabs out from the front. Takes less than 5 minutes. Easy peasy.

OP
OP
Souldriver

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
well thankfully the 2016s dont have the active shutters. More interested in how the matte vs satin looks and if the pieces themselves are quality.

Jpol908

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Quality is decent. Only complaint is emblems are hollow and does not leave much for the adhesive to stick to. Had separation issues with the fender badges. Badges came loose from the 3M adhesive. I had to add some glue to the back of the emblems so they would stay attached.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Souldriver

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Quality is decent. Only complaint is emblems are hollow and does not leave much for the adhesive to stick to. Had separation issues with the fender badges. Badges came loose from the 3M adhesive. I had to add some glue to the back of the emblems so they would stay attached.
Thats kind of poopy. Ill look elsewhere but i dont think many other places have great options either.

jefffrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Which 5.0 emblem did you buy? CJ sells a pair for $35, another pair for $60 and a single side for $46.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I didn't have any issues with the 5.0 badges, but the adhesive started to fail at the head and tail ends of my Pony badges

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I haven't bought the CJPP ones (I think I went with the UPR ones). Adhesives held up, but the red on it has worn very quickly. Now looking for good replacements. May go with the Howler badges or something similar.

Jpol908

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I bought the 5.0 emblems that were $62 for the pair. Problem is the back of the emblems aren't solid, they're hollow with just thin plastic frame that leaves little for the adhesive to stick to.

I just pulled them off, adhesive backing stayed on car 100%, and put a small dab of super glue on each of the plastic frames, then reapplied to the original foam adhesive. So far, so good. Took to pressure car wash and the held on well.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm having the same problem with color-matched UPR ones. I think I'm on the fourth one on the passenger side, they keep coming off the tape. I've come home from a drive more than once and the tape is still firmly attached to the fender but the badge itself is AWOL.

UPR has been great about replacements, but it's getting old losing them and/or having to be sure the badge hasn't half fallen off before a drive. I'm about ready to go back to black Ford ones, which stinks because I really like the color-matched ones. :(

Jpol908

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
You could always buy the Ford black ones and pick up some color matched aerosol and paint.

If the CJPP ones fail, that's my back-up plan.

OP
OP
Souldriver

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I'm having the same problem with color-matched UPR ones. I think I'm on the fourth one on the passenger side, they keep coming off the tape. I've come home from a drive more than once and the tape is still firmly attached to the fender but the badge itself is AWOL.

UPR has been great about replacements, but it's getting old losing them and/or having to be sure the badge hasn't half fallen off before a drive. I'm about ready to go back to black Ford ones, which stinks because I really like the color-matched ones. :(
I was going to pick up the matte black ones from upr, is that the ones you are referencing? I know CJPP shows the have the ones used on the black accent package but its hard to tell how that "satin" will look. Im kind of looking for the matter to match the grill plastics etc.

jefffrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
I’m concerned about the hollow back. CJ also offers a single badge for $46/side which I think is an official Ford badge. Does anyone know if those are also hollow on the back?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I was going to pick up the matte black ones from upr, is that the ones you are referencing? I know CJPP shows the have the ones used on the black accent package but its hard to tell how that "satin" will look. Im kind of looking for the matter to match the grill plastics etc.
I would imagine that the UPR ones are all the same?.... :shrug:
Sponsored