Sponsored

Exhaust warranty question

DiscoNfrno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Just got my new GT 1 week ago today. Love it!!!!!
Looking to get the Magna flow competition series exhaust,muffler shop advised me to just get the mufflers and not the bolt on system it would be much cheaper, my question is does the shop cutting on the pipes avoid any kind of warranty vs. Using the bolt on kit?
Sponsored

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
Just got my new GT 1 week ago today. Love it!!!!!
Looking to get the Magna flow competition series exhaust,muffler shop advised me to just get the mufflers and not the bolt on system it would be much cheaper, my question is does the shop cutting on the pipes avoid any kind of warranty vs. Using the bolt on kit?
We get these questions almost daily I'll answer this, but next time please search.:thumbsup:

"moding" the car is dependent dealer to dealer, some say not using Ford recommended oil will void the warranty. No mod can flat out void your warranty, period. Adding mufflers won't void any warranty unless they can prove that part caused the damage, which a muffler wont cause any damage to anything except maybe your ears:lol:

Check this link out.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10970

OP
OP

DiscoNfrno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Thank you. Sorry. I just didn't know if cutting and welding was looked at any differently than a bolt on system.

CooterK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT PP
The axle backs will be cheaper, but I would just go with a cat back. Its a 20 minute installation that you can do yourself with ramps, and it takes out the heavy resonator cutting about 25-30 lbs in the process. Also, its complete bolt on and requires no cutting of anything, so you can go back to stock if you don't like the sound or anything like that.

Toofarfromjune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GTPP
I'm happy with my MBRP street catback and it was only $560 shipped. I doubt an exhaust shop is going to do that labor and include materials for much less than $300-$400 dollars. With the higher end catback being over $1000, you can still justify a catback with great savings.

As mentioned, took no time at all for install, hardest part was figuring out how to store this giant 10 foot long one piece stock exhaust lol.
Sponsored