Sponsored

Exhaust mod - hp/tq loss?

IndyMustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Premium, PP, silver
I've been combing over you tube videos of exhaust sound threads to determine what's my best move. Love the Corsa Extreme with a X pipe, but my question revolves around hp/tq gains or losses. There doesn't seem to be a large consensus in threads that the larger pipe and loss of backpressue will cause a loss of hp and tq, but few have. I've read that the x pipe gives more top end but I like the tq in the low end and over all if I move forward, I don't want to spend 1500 to lose power. Is there any documentation of a dyno run before and after on all stock GT with only exhaust mods to show the difference in hp and tq before and after the install? On Corsa's website they actually claim an increase not a loss.
Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
There's so little difference from stock power figures that I suggest choosing your exhaust set-up based on which one you think sounds best.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You're not going to lose any significant amount of power or torque. You will gain a couple in the upper RPM range over the stock catback, but primarily because of improved scavenging with the better crossover.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
There's so little difference from stock power figures that I suggest choosing your exhaust set-up based on which one you think sounds best.
This
Sponsored