Exhaust help

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
My advice is, be very careful when listening to YouTube videos:)....like most folk on here I based my purchase on what I'd heard on there, and I have to admit, I made a big mistake...:(

Like you I was looking for something louder than stock, but as I use my car for long trips, nothing to loud..

Based on the videos I heard I bought the Ford racing touring system by Borla, it came with an X pipe, and was very raspy at higher rpms:rant:

I swaped the X pipe for a resonator and it is now perfect for me... Other folk may think it's to quiet, but it's definitely louder than stock, and just right for my needs...

This is my system.....not the cheapest out there, but the build quality is very good..
https://www.borla.com/products/mustang_gt_catback_exhaust_touring_part__140589.html
Good luck with your decision..:D

[ame]
Sponsored

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Such a hard question to really answer as only you will know if its too loud when you first do a cold start at 6am on a cold morning when the neighbours are in bed and only you will know if its too quite when you first 'give it some' down your local bit of driving pleasure road.

All I can say is I wanted just what you describe and went for the Roush Axle back and it is perfect. Supplied and fitted with change from ÂŁ600.

OP
OP

sjr311083

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My advice is, be very careful when listening to YouTube videos:)....like most folk on here I based my purchase on what I'd heard on there, and I have to admit, I made a big mistake...:(

Like you I was looking for something louder than stock, but as I use my car for long trips, nothing to loud..

Based on the videos I heard I bought the Ford racing touring system by Borla, it came with an X pipe, and was very raspy at higher rpms:rant:

I swaped the X pipe for a resonator and it is now perfect for me... Other folk may think it's to quiet, but it's definitely louder than stock, and just right for my needs...

This is my system.....not the cheapest out there, but the build quality is very good..
https://www.borla.com/products/mustang_gt_catback_exhaust_touring_part__140589.html
Good luck with your decision..:D

Great thanks for the advice! I think I will wait to see how the stock is before going head first into a purchase. Is that Chirk castle I see? That is just down the road from me!

Jimmy Pancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT -ordered 22/5/16
Guy could you get the street version of the magnaflow with the black tips? I work in Bromsgrove could I do a pick up? Thinking ahead to the beginning of 2017.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Great thanks for the advice! I think I will wait to see how the stock is before going head first into a purchase. Is that Chirk castle I see? That is just down the road from me!
It certainly is.:cheers:.... I live 1 mile away, so why not pop down and have a listen to my car.....can even take you for a little run so you can get to hear it when out and about:D

Sponsored

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
I am sure this has been mentioned before but I was hoping someone could help me with an aftermarket exhaust.
I am looking for something that is not too loud but better than stock and something that sounds like a typical V8 rumble but doesn't drone on long journeys. Any advice?

Many thanks!
And what about an H-pipe with the stock mufflers?

- won't be as loud as an axle-back or cat-back,
- probably your best chance not to have any drone,
- is known for classic muscle car rumble,
- get you better flow and less weight over the stock resonator,
- and is the cheapest option as well

If that sounds like something you'd like, shoot! Would love to set you up :)

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Steeda Axle Backs. In stock and ready to go...

A great solution if you want some V8 muscle rumble, some volume and great looking tips, plus lighter than OE and no drone.

Steeda Mustang GT Axle-Back Exhaust

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]qpgESilMc2g[/MEDIA]"]

Last edited:
OP
OP

sjr311083

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It certainly is.:cheers:.... I live 1 mile away, so why not pop down and have a listen to my car.....can even take you for a little run so you can get to hear it when out and about:D
Great to know someone else in the area has a Mustang! Hopefully have mine by April 2017!

OP
OP

sjr311083

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
And what about an H-pipe with the stock mufflers?

- won't be as loud as an axle-back or cat-back,
- probably your best chance not to have any drone,
- is known for classic muscle car rumble,
- get you better flow and less weight over the stock resonator,
- and is the cheapest option as well

If that sounds like something you'd like, shoot! Would love to set you up :)
Interesting alternative!

Dan_G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550 & 1972 Mach 1
This. I think you may be surprised how nice the standard pipes sound.

I had already bought the FRRP touring before i got my car as I wanted gt350 quad tips .... and wow it really barks!... I love it. I was surprised its classed as the 'quiet' choice as it isn't subdued at all.

Also, I was surprised how nice the stock sound was.

So, If you like the standard look and sound but want a bit more volume then X-pipe (for racey raspyness) or H-pipe (for lazy V8 truck sound) with standard rear mufflers (as they call em in the USofA) would be my 1st choice as its a cheap first step.

Edit. Yeah like wot mustangmusthaves said.:)

Sponsored

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
I am sure this has been mentioned before but I was hoping someone could help me with an aftermarket exhaust.
I am looking for something that is not too loud but better than stock and something that sounds like a typical V8 rumble but doesn't drone on long journeys. Any advice?

Many thanks!
I would just try a H pipe or X pipe instead of resonator these can be had for around ÂŁ150-ÂŁ250 and quite easy to replace stock only 2 cuts and then use the clamps

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Wishing you had never asked yet [MENTION=26351]sjr311083[/MENTION] ??
Every time I ask something on here I end up being more baffled (no pun intended) than before I asked! There are too many of us willing to help..

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Baffled, lol :lol:

OP
OP

sjr311083

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Wishing you had never asked yet [MENTION=26351]sjr311083[/MENTION] ??
Every time I ask something on here I end up being more baffled (no pun intended) than before I asked! There are too many of us willing to help..
I appreciate all the help but yeah now there are a lot more options!

Sda3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green Performance Pack GT Premium