Sponsored

Exhaust help

sjr311083

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I am sure this has been mentioned before but I was hoping someone could help me with an aftermarket exhaust.
I am looking for something that is not too loud but better than stock and something that sounds like a typical V8 rumble but doesn't drone on long journeys. Any advice?

Many thanks!
Sponsored

Pedestrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I am sure this has been mentioned before but I was hoping someone could help me with an aftermarket exhaust.
I am looking for something that is not too loud but better than stock and something that sounds like a typical V8 rumble but doesn't drone on long journeys. Any advice?

Many thanks!
There is hundreds of threads on this, many with sound clips.

You need to decide how much you want to spend and whether to get a full cat back or just axel backs.

OP
OP

sjr311083

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks. I am new to mods so is there any advantage of a cat back vs axel back? I would say no more than around ÂŁ750 if I can help it.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
One man's "not too loud" is another's race system.

The Touring by Borla or FRPP is probably worth a look for you.

Axle backs require the original system to be cut therefore making it a ballache to return to stock.

At your budget there aren't many catback systems available.

Pedestrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I've got axel backs and it's damn loud for me, to the point the neighbours get a bit annoyed in the mornings.

Then for others, they're far too quiet.

Axle backs require the original system to be cut therefore making it a ballache to return to stock.
True, but you only need a sleeve to go round the pipes and you're sorted.

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
That is exactly what I don't want to annoy the neighbours!
You might find that just about any aftermarket system is in neighbour-annoying territory...but again its all about how easily annoyed your neighbours get :)
Mine get really easily wound up but have yet to mention my Milltek, though they are moving house shortly. Don't think thats down to me.
The other point is that the stock exhaust though anaemic by v8 standards isn't really as bad as you might imagine. Would be well worth a listen in person before shelling out the dough.

Pedestrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yeah the stock sounds pretty loud, I think people just assume it sounds shit. It doesn't, just after market exhausts sound better.

Sponsored
OP
OP

sjr311083

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks a lot for this. You have the same specs as mine so I think I will wait and see! :)

Then I can always order one after a few months!

Guy@NemesisUK

Threads
Reaction score
Website
nemesisuk.com
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
Project NemStang / Modified UK S550 Mustang GT
This one has a great sound but maybe too much of a drone on the motorway?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/magnaflow-competition-axleback-15gt.html

Anything similar?
Hi There,

We offer the Magnaflow Competition Axle-Back system here in the UK.

Please see the link below to a review by a recent customer:

http://nemesisukshop.com/products/m...ck-exhaust-magnaflow-19103-competition-series

There is a little drone at certain RPM in 6th gear when the engine can be a bit labored. But once past, it will disappear.

We currently have stock of the Borla S-type Black Tip that is within your budget and claims to be a Zero Drone exhaust.

http://nemesisukshop.com/products/b...5-2016-s-type-black-axle-back-exhaust-11887bc

Forum Members also receive a 5% discount with code: mustang6g

The 5.0L Coyote Engine when being replaced with any sports exhaust tends to have a loud cold start but will soon settle down after around 30 seconds. :thumbsup:

OP
OP

sjr311083

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi There,

We offer the Magnaflow Competition Axle-Back system here in the UK.

Please see the link below to a review by a recent customer:

http://nemesisukshop.com/products/m...ck-exhaust-magnaflow-19103-competition-series

There is a little drone at certain RPM in 6th gear when the engine can be a bit labored. But once past, it will disappear.

We currently have stock of the Borla S-type Black Tip that is within your budget and claims to be a Zero Drone exhaust.

http://nemesisukshop.com/products/b...5-2016-s-type-black-axle-back-exhaust-11887bc

Forum Members also receive a 5% discount with code: mustang6g

The 5.0L Coyote Engine when being replaced with any sports exhaust tends to have a loud cold start but will soon settle down after around 30 seconds. :thumbsup:
Great to know many thanks.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Quite remarkably so I find.
Also, regardless of what you fit it is possible to mitigate the noise by restrained use of the right-hand pedal til you're out of earshot of those you care about :D
Sponsored