Sponsored

Exhaust advice

Luisiv32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
I have to make a hard decision, I'm split between the awe touring catback or the corsa sport catback for my gt. I love the 4.5 inch tips on the corsa and have heard many videos of it. I haven't found many on the awe but I've read on the forum that it's great. Any advice?
Sponsored

TPFMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Love the Corsa sport catback, quiet when you want it to be, and very sporty when you ask for it. Great combo to have if you have a neighborhood you don't want to disturb

I have to make a hard decision, I'm split between the awe touring catback or the corsa sport catback for my gt. I love the 4.5 inch tips on the corsa and have heard many videos of it. I haven't found many on the awe but I've read on the forum that it's great. Any advice?

BGEFan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT
Honestly don't think you can make a mistake with either choice. I decided on the Corsa Sport catback. I was able to hear the AWE in person. Fantastic deep tone with zero drone. However, it was very noticeable inside the car and not an exhaust I felt my wife would enjoy after an hour or so in the car.
Our daughter lives 4 hours away, so dropping 1k + on an exhaust that would give my wife a headache making the trip just wasn't going to happen. I've had the Corsa Sport about a month now, so it's starting to break in. Great tone that is more exotic sounding than the AWE. It also has zero drone. Quiet when you are off the gas, and makes noise when you mash the fun pedal. It really is the best of both worlds and I'm more than satisfied with my choice. Good Luck with your decision

Liberty1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mustang Owner
I don't own a mustang YET and and already know which exhaust Im going to run.... 100% Corsa Extreme!!!

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Another vote for Corsa Sport. Absolutely fantastic exhaust.

OP
OP

Luisiv32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
Is the awe really that loud in the cabin? I really prefer the corsa but I can get the awe for $950 slightly used so that's why I'm torn between the two.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Borla Touring

I am in the same boat, my three choices are:

1. Borla
2. Corsa
3. AWE

Then have to decide on Headers.

1. American Racing
2. Kooks

Here is a video on the Borla's:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Is the awe really that loud in the cabin? I really prefer the corsa but I can get the awe for $950 slightly used so that's why I'm torn between the two.
You can get the Corsa for $1200 or less from Hypermotive.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I just ordered the Corsa Touring axleback today on Amazon for $1100 with black tips and free 2 day shipping, plus 5% back since I used my Amazon card.

I figure if the axleback is too tame I can then move to the x-pipe later on, but I want it to be fairly quiet as I work nights and I don't need the old lady across the street beating me with her cane for waking her up. Been agonizing over it for two weeks now as to which I would choose, and it eventually came down to this or the Borla Touring (non-Ford). Price on the Corsa was better and I like the note a little bit more so I went with it.

Sponsored

MustangS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
'15 Vert GT
I think you should go with the Corsa. :thumbsup:

I've been mulling over it myself for the last two years and have finally ordered a sport catback.

AzHadeNuf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP MAGNETIC
If you're jumping on the gas it's loud in the cabin. If not you know it's there, but you can have a normal conversation, talk on the Bluetooth or listen to your music. It's really as loud as you want it to be. If you're an early riser your neighbors may not be pleased with you. The cold starts are loud.

Last edited:

curtsmith17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just installed the Corsa Sport axle back. great build quality and outstanding sound. :thumbsup:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the Corsa Sport axle back. great build quality and outstanding sound. :thumbsup:
Adding a resonated X-pipe improves the sound a lot (I know it sounds great as it is too) without adding much volume. Much throatier tone.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I just ordered the Corsa Touring axleback today on Amazon for $1100 with black tips and free 2 day shipping, plus 5% back since I used my Amazon card.

I figure if the axleback is too tame I can then move to the x-pipe later on, but I want it to be fairly quiet as I work nights and I don't need the old lady across the street beating me with her cane for waking her up. Been agonizing over it for two weeks now as to which I would choose, and it eventually came down to this or the Borla Touring (non-Ford). Price on the Corsa was better and I like the note a little bit more so I went with it.
$1100 for an axleback? Damn.
Sponsored