Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 tempo.
Enhanced Security Package
* Electronic Locking Center Console
* Active Anti-Theft System
* Wheel Locking Kit

We wll know what Wheel Locking Kit is. What about other two options and is it worth the $395 ?

Sponsored

ShoNuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Dodge Recall... I mean Avenger
Wheel locking kits are special lugs on wheels that make it more difficult for your wheels to be stolen.

Also - I mentioned this in another post. Some insurance companies (not ALL) will reduce the cost of your insurance plans if you have wheel locking kits installed. Because it reduces the risk of your wheels being stolen and a claim having to be filed. $395 could save you money in the long run by reduced rates and potentially raised rates if you have to make a claim to your insurance company for stolen wheels. Definitely check with your insurance provider if they offer discounts on these types of things.

Food for thought.

EDIT: http://accessories.ford.com/nut-wheel-9390.html
Here are details on the wheel locking kit by Ford.

OP
OP
RisingForce

RisingForce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 tempo.
Wheel locking kits are special lugs on wheels that make it more difficult for your wheels to be stolen.

Also - I mentioned this in another post. Some insurance companies (not ALL) will reduce the cost of your insurance plans if you have wheel locking kits installed. Because it reduces the risk of your wheels being stolen and a claim having to be filed. $395 could save you money in the long run by reduced rates and potentially raised rates if you have to make a claim to your insurance company for stolen wheels. Definitely check with your insurance provider if they offer discounts on these types of things.

Food for thought.

EDIT: http://accessories.ford.com/nut-wheel-9390.html
Here are details on the wheel locking kit by Ford.

I know what the wheel locking kits are. I was asking with the other two options as part of this package. :shocked:

ShoNuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Dodge Recall... I mean Avenger
I know what the wheel locking kits are. I was asking with the other two options as part of this package. :shocked:
Ah! I read your initial post incorrectly. Starting to feel the end of the week here... My apologies. I dont have any information on the other two, but electric locking console seems pretty straight forward. Just not sure how the alarm differs from the standard alarm that we see on pretty much all new cars.

I did hear somewhere, that convertibles will have a feature that when you use the key FOB to lock the doors, it also locks the glovebox. I wonder if the center console will follow suit with that design.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RisingForce

RisingForce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 tempo.
Ah! I read your initial post incorrectly. Starting to feel the end of the week here... My apologies. I dont have any information on the other two, but electric locking console seems pretty straight forward. Just not sure how the alarm differs from the standard alarm that we see on pretty much all new cars.

I did hear somewhere, that convertibles will have a feature that when you use the key FOB to lock the doors, it also locks the glovebox. I wonder if the center console will follow suit with that design.
:thumbsup:

Stephen

Threads
Reaction score
My Mondeo has motion detectors in the overhead console so I can leave the sunroof open and windows cracked o. A hot day. That's probably part of it.

I suspect the locking console will lock out the MFT system if it thinks the car is tampered with.

PJE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base Ecoboost Mustang - Ingot Silver
I would assume that the active anti theft system is a typical alarm system with motion sensors, and the locking console would lock the storage between the seats when the doors are locked to protect items such as phones and GPS units.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

GallopingFord

My name is Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2009 Bullitt, 2013 GT500
The active alarm sensors are nice if you park for a little bit and leave the windows down. As for the center locking console, I wish that option was available in my convertible.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
The active alarm sensors are nice if you park for a little bit and leave the windows down. As for the center locking console, I wish that option was available in my convertible.
Yeah I found out the hard way when I left my windows down with the doors locked. You can't even reach in the window and press unlock w/out alarm going off.
Sponsored