Sponsored

Enhance Your EcoBoost Exhaust! Mishimoto Cat-Back Exhaust R&D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWildman

Jazz Master
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona EcoBoost Base (PP)
Looking good. Can't wait to hear it.
Sponsored

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
You almost wonder how much flow was lost from the factory routing. I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys chose for mufflers.
your so right. the routing is SOOOO much better. Why doesn't ford people look at this? if they did it this way it would be cheaper for them. that looks good Mishimoto

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
your so right. the routing is SOOOO much better. Why doesn't ford people look at this? if they did it this way it would be cheaper for them. that looks good Mishimoto
Thank you very much JC!

Pabs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
You All Are Awesome!

A lack of a good enough exhaust is exactly what led me to simply doing a muffler delete. Seeing this thread has given me hope, is it possible to get on a mailing list to get updated on the progress?

Sponsored

Capt_Vic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red EB 50th Annv, 1998 F-150
Great. I'll keep an eye on this thread and monitor the progress. Can't wait to hear how it turns out!

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Looks great.
I get the attempt of deeper sound with the two tip look but the duce exhaust is of what true perfomance benefit on the 4banger? Thoughts?

Last edited:

deadeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBP GUARD Vert stick
Just subscribed to this thread. Looking forward to what you develop and the sound.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
A lack of a good enough exhaust is exactly what led me to simply doing a muffler delete. Seeing this thread has given me hope, is it possible to get on a mailing list to get updated on the progress?
Thanks for taking a look Pabs! Feel free to sign up on our engineering blog for updates on our posts there. The form is on the left sidebar.

http://engineering.mishimoto.com/

If you would prefer updates specific to the exhaust system, there should be a subscribe option within "Thread Tools" at the top of the page.

Let me know if that helps!

How do you like the muffler delete?

Great. I'll keep an eye on this thread and monitor the progress. Can't wait to hear how it turns out!
Thanks Vic!

Looks great.
I get the attempt of deeper sound with the two tip look but the duce exhaust is of what true perfomance benefit on the 4banger? Thoughts?
The dual system allows us to increase the system volume without using a massive piping size. Also, we prefer the aesthetics (both from below and bumper fill-out) of the dual system. It is certainly possible a single system would be a bit lighter than the dual setup, but the reduction may be minimal.

If we do not end up liking the performance/sound of our dual system we can certainly explore a single-exit setup.

Just subscribed to this thread. Looking forward to what you develop and the sound.
Thank you very much!

-John

Sponsored

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP Oxford White
The whole set up looks beatiful with all the perfect minimal bends. Only thing I have a question about is why not 3 inch pipe from down pipe to y pipe then cut back pipe down to 2.5 inch after y pipe to mufflers. I feel like there some power being left on the table with the single piping from down pipe to y pipe being 2.5 inch

TRACK-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black 2015 mustang ecoboost 6spd
The whole set up looks beatiful with all the perfect minimal bends. Only thing I have a question about is why not 3 inch pipe from down pipe to y pipe then cut back pipe down to 2.5 inch after y pipe to mufflers. I feel like there some power being left on the table with the single piping from down pipe to y pipe being 2.5 inch

I second this statement:headbang:

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Will the tips be 4.5 " please say yes
We are actually still brainstorming our ideas in terms of the tip style. We will likely be polling the community here to see what the preference would be for our system. Keep an eye out for that soon.

In the meantime, keep the recommendations coming!

I second this statement:headbang:
Thanks guys! Our prototype unit does indeed feature 3" piping prior to the Y/initial muffler. This must neck down to mate with the stock downpipe. We will be using V-band connections to provide a product that will seamlessly mate to our 3" downpipe and also have an adapter to neck down to the factory downpipe diameter.

After the mid-muffler, our piping size reduces to a dual 2.5" which is more than enough volume/flow for rather high powered vehicles.

Thanks
-John

TRACK-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black 2015 mustang ecoboost 6spd
:DOohhhhh man getting really excited for this exhaust !!! Can't wait:hail:

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP Oxford White
Great now i am excited. Thanks for clearing that up. In the initial description it sounded like it was going to be 2.5 inch straight through
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.