Sponsored

Engine Fluttered

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
So I just pulled out of the parking lot from work got up to the stop light and made my right turn shifting normally around 3k and when I shifted in to 3rd the motor did some weird fluttering had to let off gas then it was fine. It had completely lost power and for a moment thought I lost the motor.

Only have the Ford tune and everything else is stock. Ran 93 octane since owning the car and no engine light. Bad gas maybe or something else?
Sponsored

PJB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost PP
So I just pulled out of the parking lot from work got up to the stop light and made my right turn shifting normally around 3k and when I shifted in to 3rd the motor did some weird fluttering had to let off gas then it was fine. It had completely lost power and for a moment thought I lost the motor.

Only have the Ford tune and everything else is stock. Ran 93 octane since owning the car and no engine light. Bad gas maybe or something else?
Hopefully it is something with the gas and clears itself out.

Reactions: S7N

Garf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Ran into this same issue a few weeks ago. Are you still in warranty? if so I'd take it by Ford and have them check it out. I'm running a non factory tune so I'm sure they'd blame my woes on that. You're in VA right? I wonder if the East coast just got a lot of bad gas this month or we are having some other issue.

OP
OP
S7N

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Ran into this same issue a few weeks ago. Are you still in warranty? if so I'd take it by Ford and have them check it out. I'm running a non factory tune so I'm sure they'd blame my woes on that. You're in VA right? I wonder if the East coast just got a lot of bad gas this month or we are having some other issue.
Well that makes me feel a bit better. Yep in VA so I'm hoping this was an isolated issue but if it happens again definitely taking it to dealer.

3ZERO3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Did it make a metallic clicking sound at the same time?

Sponsored

mtoo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple GT
Same issue here. In VA as well. Went back to E30 today and so far so good.

jcj240

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I think there has been some crap 93 octane fuel in the state of Virginia lately. I have switched to bp and it seems to be better but most of the fuel is junk. Possibly from rain and leaky tanks. Idk just a rant

mtoo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple GT
Only place that has good 93 consistently right now for me is Fort Meade. Being that they also run exact E85 year-round that's no surprise. Everywhere else and I'm getting corrections.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I had this happen to me last night merging onto the highway (also in 3rd gear), I tried to get it to do it again and couldn't repeat it. I have the Ford tune as well. I actually just came here to see if anyone else had something similar.

Sponsored

Yellowboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang ecoboost
Had my car do this once, I could hear a clicking noise shortly before and after it happened. I stepped on it getting off the freeway and it felt like a complete miss, 3 bucks and what felt like what would have been a backfire. I only have the ford tune as well and have only ran shell nitro gas 92 octane.

OP
OP
S7N

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Well shit now I'm starting to worry...

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Any more issues since?

Could have been just the computer doing its job or it over-correcting.

OP
OP
S7N

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Any more issues since?

Could have been just the computer doing its job or it over-correcting.
Nothing new other than a speeding ticket this morning on the way to work :frusty:

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
I haven't had this issue for quite a while but for me it was spark plug gap. Have you checked it yet? Even managed to get a couple logged misfires (ie check engine light). Hasn't happened since plugs were gapped. How hard were you on the throttle? And I'm in Virginia too.
Sponsored