Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs Vs H&R Sport Springs 15 Vs Steeda

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
What I was waiting to hear. I just put my Steeda Progressive order in.
Sponsored

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
The change from soft to firm can upset the car too much.

With linear springs you compress the spring 1" you get x rate of force. Compress 2" inches and you get 2x rate of force pushing back. This consistency allows you to push the car knowing how it will respond.

With progressive springs the more you compress the spring the rate of force pushing back also increases. It's the increase that makes it difficult to know what the car will do when pushed hard.

In actual track and racing you will never see a car with progressive rate springs.

So what can happen? You can lose control of the car. Spin out, etc. Harder to keep control of the vehicle. It's not impossible, but guys with linear rate springs don't have to deal with these issues.

Google around. I'm probably not explaining it very well. It's not a Mustang thing so you should be able to find a lot of information on this.

that's just insanely bad information, please stop trying to give recommendations.

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
I think the car sits a little higher in the front stock. It needs just a little more drop in the front than rear. That's why I went with the Eibach Pro kit.
I went with pro-kit also but I still think the car is too high in the front. I think I'm going to order some sportlines but install them in the front only. From what I've read the sportlines are 1.5-2 inch drop. Would be perfect with the prokit rears of 1 inch drop. Either that or I'm leaving the prokits in the front only and I'll put back the oems in the rear.

Ideas?

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
that's just insanely bad information, please stop trying to give recommendations.
If you can explain the differences better than I can please do. I already acknowledged my explanation may not be very good, but the basic idea is not wrong.

This one second google search turned up this article that has a much better explanation.

http://automotivethinker.com/suspension/linear-vs-progressive-rate-springs/

And an excerpt:

"In general, the most performance oriented and springs designed for racing are going to have a linear rate. The consistent nature of linear rate springs makes the car stable, optimizes traction, and makes the car more predictable for the drive."

If that site isn't credible enough google has plenty more places with information.

And as for my recommendation to the OP.....it was to go with the new progressive springs based on his requirements and usage.

Last edited:

Fatpolish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Impact Blue Gt premium auto fully loaded
To the ones riding on the Steeda progressives.... Looking for a little bit more feedback before placing order... Car is being delivered 5/25 and just doing my research. Thanks in advance. Btw the car will be a DD....

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
To the ones riding on the Steeda progressives.... Looking for a little bit more feedback before placing order... Car is being delivered 5/25 and just doing my research. Thanks in advance. Btw the car will be a DD....
I just drove 275 miles on my progressive springs last night after Steeda installed them.

The ride is perfect. Rides much better vs. Stock PP springs. That bouncy feeling is all but gone. I am beyond impressed with the ride, truly impressed. Handling is very nice as well. The car just begs to be pushed more and more. Very flat.

I also had the sway bars, billet mounts, vertical links, cradle bushings and IRS support bushings installed at the same time. Zero noise increase. No popping, no squeaking.

Highly recommended the progressive springs for a DD.

stang9779

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
@ Todd15Fastback any photos?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

stang9779

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
should have received my springs today however FEDEX messed up the change of address. They still tried to deliver to my home even though I paid the $13 for change of address to my place of work as no one was going to be home today. Hopefully I will get them tomorrow as they said they will redeliver to my house. The moral of the story is never trust FedEx manager and change your delivery address.

GT0038

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT/sold :(
I got only about 350 miles on mine and no complaints. I get compliments on the stance every day from non-car people who were use to seeing it with the stock springs.

Sponsored

swi50tyS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard | S550 | EcoBoost
I just drove 275 miles on my progressive springs last night after Steeda installed them.

The ride is perfect. Rides much better vs. Stock PP springs. That bouncy feeling is all but gone. I am beyond impressed with the ride, truly impressed. Handling is very nice as well. The car just begs to be pushed more and more. Very flat.

I also had the sway bars, billet mounts, vertical links, cradle bushings and IRS support bushings installed at the same time. Zero noise increase. No popping, no squeaking.

Highly recommended the progressive springs for a DD.
I just installed my progressive springs this weekend they are amazing!! The car handles like a monster in the corners:eyebulge:

How are you liking all the other Steeda suspension mods? I saw they just came out with some diff bushing inserts, the youtube video looks really convincing.
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]jEF_47B0K3Y[/MEDIA]"]video[/ame]

I am thinking of placing an order for them. Figured since I address body roll issues already with the springs then maybe it would be good to balance it out with some irs components.

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
I cant wait. Im getting Steeda progressive Springs, G trac subframe K brace, and IRS subframe brace installed soon.
Sponsored