Sponsored

Ecoboost to GT

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
Change out the clutch spring to the Steeda spring assist and it will feel a lot better.
I'd read that soooo many times and finally put one in about amonth or so ago. I couldnt believe the difference it made, was how it should be from the factory.
Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Man, I didn't really have any intention of trading my ecoboost in but there is a grabber blue 17 GT I drive by all the time at a local dealer, its worked its way down to 31,000 asking price and I may just have to go check it out. Thats the color I really wanted but they didn't make it in 16. Not about to trade the ecoboost in for another one so I'd have to upgrade to a GT obviously. It only makes sense.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Other than the loss of all that part throttle torque. You'll probably enjoy the GT. The grabber blue is a great color. Screams look at me.
Yeah just be prepared to struggle as a DD since you can't go over 3,000 rpm otherwise have fun :eek:

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
I'd read that soooo many times and finally put one in about amonth or so ago. I couldnt believe the difference it made, was how it should be from the factory.
i just traded in my eco for a gt. before i left the dealership i pulled out the steeda spring from my eco and when i got home i put it in my new gt.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Man, I didn't really have any intention of trading my ecoboost in but there is a grabber blue 17 GT I drive by all the time at a local dealer, its worked its way down to 31,000 asking price and I may just have to go check it out. Thats the color I really wanted but they didn't make it in 16. Not about to trade the ecoboost in for another one so I'd have to upgrade to a GT obviously. It only makes sense.
You aren't kidding. Same situation with this GT. It's nearby and I've always liked the black and white styling. Is premium plus performance pack. They want $28,695 for it. Has two-tone interior (red and black).
1498047589655.jpg

Sponsored

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
as they say ' you only live once '

Can't fault Ford; they know how to sell cars ! :lol: :lol:

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you feel about the trade? I definitely like the gt more than the eco no doubt but as it sits right now with stock tune it feels slower than my eco was.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
How do you feel about the trade? I definitely like the gt more than the eco no doubt but as it sits right now with stock tune it feels slower than my eco was.
Its probably a lot slower.

OP
OP
Numa210

Numa210

Numa210
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 6MT
I forgot to update this. My bad. I actually had a pretty horrible experience at the dealership.

So the first dealership i visited was my primary dealership, which has always been incredible to work with until that particular day. The salesperson i spoke with was extremely condescending, arrogant, and insulting. He refused to sell me a GT with a manual because apparently i can't drive stick, which was ironic because i drove perfectly whereas he stalled just getting the car out of the parking spot. He also appraised my Ecoboost Mustang at 10 grand which was absolutely ridiculous. Other dealerships quoted my car at 21 grand, so I was right to stand my ground. Ultimately he told me i had no idea what i was talking about and that he wouldn't sell me a GT because apparently i'm a broke guy. 22 years old driving a brand new mustang, but okay sure i must be broke. He was a big, fat, slow guy and I didn't see a wedding ring on his finger so i'm sure he's just one negative fella upset that i'm 22 years old doing better than him.

The next dealership i visited offered me a 2013 Mustang GT with a roush exhaust for 18 grand. Sure, it wasn't the year i wanted but 18 grand for 420 horsepower WITH exhaust work already done? Sure, I'll check it out! I headed on over, test drove the vehicle, fell in love with the BEAUTIFUL sound the car made, but something was off. The car just was not fast whatsoever! I walked around, saw the 5.0 badges, so it must've been a GT right? I popped the hood, and the salesmen tried to stop me, but voila there she was - a 3.7 Cyclone v6 engine. The owner of the dealership came out to see what was up and was totally shaken that he had gotten bamboozled on a deal. I think he bought that v6 mustang as a GT. Poor guy

I also visited Carmax to check out a 2015 white Mustang GT premium+performance pack+navigation that is on sale for 30 grand. Such a great deal, but my mother forbade me from this vehicle because it will have interest on it, thus knocking my payments up by 70-100 bucks a month. Sure, i can do it, but I don't want to go the interest route.

Next i visited ANOTHER dealership. Everything was going perfect here. Got 21 grand for my trade in, got 0% interest on the car, got my payments down to $350 a month. My math was perfect, and i finally got the deal i wanted to get. Head over to finance. Turns out the 0% interest deal for 72 months ran out the day before, so again no deal. The owner of the dealership called me a couple days ago with a new deal - 0% interest for 36 months AND 10 grand off, which basically means 0% interest on a brand new Ruby Red Mustang GT for 24 grand. I'm debating on calling him back for this one....

It's been an interesting couple of days. I have the means to get a GT, but the stars just aren't aligning for me yet, but I'll stay patient for now, keep putting money aside, and one day that GT will be mine.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
You aren't kidding. Same situation with this GT. It's nearby and I've always liked the black and white styling. Is premium plus performance pack. They want $28,695 for it. Has two-tone interior (red and black).
D*mn Ebm, that's a pretty darn good price for that thing.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Do it! What a deal.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would hop on that deal if it's not Bs. I got $17k for my base eco with 37k miles.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
$30 per what? Per month? Per 6-month renewal? If the former, that seems pretty significant to me... But given the context, I'm guessing you mean the latter.

As for advice: get an exhaust ASAP, and just remember the OEM Pirellis are garbage.

EDIT: And yeah, unless the 24-month payment amount is too high to stomach, you gotta jump on that GT... Is it a PP? Premium? If it's just a base GT then... eh, maybe nevermind. Still an excellent price, but just not a car I'd want.