Sponsored

Ecoboost PP (calipers) and rims

number1olddog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB lightning blue PP
So long story short my dealership swapped my tires and rims off my PP model before I bought it. They made it right yesterday and gave me back a set of 19" wheels and tires off a GT model on the lot which are actually nicer then what was supposed to be on it originally anyways. My question is I can barely fit a drivers license or credit card in between the caliper and the inside of the rim on the front tires. The backs have plenty of room. I know I have bigger front brakes so I am hoping this is normal. I would also think that any rim ford makes for a mustang would work on any mustang. Any help would be appreciated
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
As long as the wheel spins and you are not rubbing, you are good.
Are these the black web wheels?
If so, you are now staggered. 255 in front, 275 rear.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Personally, I think the EB PP wheels look much better than the GT PP wheels. That's one of the reasons it took me so long to find a nice set of aftermarket wheels, the stock PP wheels are so nice. The only thing I don't like about them is the offset and I don't care for running 1" spacers but have for probably 1.5 years as a temporary solution.

sharp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I love mine with the 1" spacers. I need new rubber now so ideally I'll get a set of GT PP 19's squared

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Personally, I think the EB PP wheels look much better than the GT PP wheels. That's one of the reasons it took me so long to find a nice set of aftermarket wheels, the stock PP wheels are so nice. The only thing I don't like about them is the offset and I don't care for running 1" spacers but have for probably 1.5 years as a temporary solution.
I like the ecoboost PP wheels as well, I'm actually planning to buy a set of the sparkle silver ones FRPP sells at Tasca - $96 a piece, great for winter wheels.

OP
OP

number1olddog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I learned the eco PP comes with 19x9 rims vs just the 19's the dealer traded me. I have the 4 piston front brakes so I'm guessing the 19x9 will clear the caliper better then the 19 I have right now. I'm really surprised it's not rubbing but I'll just leave it alone as it seems to be driving just fine. Thanks for all the replies.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So I learned the eco PP comes with 19x9 rims vs just the 19's the dealer traded me. I have the 4 piston front brakes so I'm guessing the 19x9 will clear the caliper better then the 19 I have right now. I'm really surprised it's not rubbing but I'll just leave it alone as it seems to be driving just fine. Thanks for all the replies.
Curious - which GT rims did the Dealer put on your EB?? There's quite a few variations of S550 Mustang rims now. Can you post a pic of what's on your ride?

If your EB was one with the Performance Package, it should not have had any other rim on it than the black PP 5-star split spoke design. These are 19x9 as designed for the EBPP. Why were those rims not on the car originally and why would the Dealer be playing with swapping rims??? Did you buy the car used?

If you bought it new and it is in fact an EBPP - go back and demand to speak to the Dealer Manager or Owner and tell them you want the correct rims put on your car.

This is the rim that should be on a genuine EBPP:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/19-FORD-MUS...4ac1528&pid=100033&rk=5&rkt=8&sd=182464536648

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
So long story short my dealership swapped my tires and rims off my PP model before I bought it. They made it right yesterday and gave me back a set of 19" wheels and tires off a GT model on the lot which are actually nicer then what was supposed to be on it originally anyways. My question is I can barely fit a drivers license or credit card in between the caliper and the inside of the rim on the front tires. The backs have plenty of room. I know I have bigger front brakes so I am hoping this is normal. I would also think that any rim ford makes for a mustang would work on any mustang. Any help would be appreciated
You have same brakes as regular non-PP GT, so unless the new wheels have some weird offset, you should have nothing to worry about.

Btw - how can they sell a new car without rims it came with ??? Also, you would have gotten summer tires on EB PP. What tires did you get ?

Sponsored
OP
OP

number1olddog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So all non performance GT's have the oversized 4 piston brake design on the fronts?

I have no idea why dealerships do what they do but I have two buddies who are master mechanics who use to work at dealerships and they say rim swaps happen all the time.