Sponsored

Ecoboost Engine Blown?

65and15Fastbacks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Fastback
FYI, maybe it's an individual dealership opinion but I spoke to the service manager and CAIs are not a concern. I got nervous when the service guy checking me in popped my hood. I don't think my hood has ever been up just bringing it in for an oil change.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Regarding oil changes. It's not one technician is waiting for the oil to drain and just sit on his ass during the whole process. They have oil change guys just do oil changes on a bunch of cars. Max time one mech spending on your car is like 5-10 minutes. Even at $30 they are making money. Not much but making money. Better than not doing anything hoping people would come and get the $70 oil changes.

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
Regarding oil changes. It's not one technician is waiting for the oil to drain and just sit on his ass during the whole process. They have oil change guys just do oil changes on a bunch of cars. Max time one mech spending on your car is like 5-10 minutes. Even at $30 they are making money. Not much but making money. Better than not doing anything hoping people would come and get the $70 oil changes.
Thats correct, they are working off volume, 100 $30 oil changes are better than a lower number of oil changes that cost more ONLY if the sales associate is up selling and they will no doubt have KPI tracking.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
i went in for service last week. they wanted to sell me a 15k maintenance package, that included rotating my tires(i have a GTPP), changing the air filter, etc.

i said i'll pass and ill just go with the free state inspection and oil change, and nothing else, LOL. oil changes are free for me for the first year and lifetime free state inspections.

fastertoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost, 2015 Mustang GT
Yes, it's free, spun bearing at 5200 miles, had mmr cai, they gave me no trouble

Sponsored

Barry626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang 2.3L
I cannot afford to have more issues that will come out of pocket like this. From now on I'll only use mods that 100% will not void a factory warranty.
Sorry this happen to you but thanks for the "LEARN" as I won't think to mod my car when I get it in next few days. I planned to but NO WAY now :hail:

shawndean22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS 1LE
What i dont understand is people by these 2.3L engine and mod like crazy and surprised when they engine blows, same with WRX's, Genesis's, Evo's. If your going to mod your car that heavily just buy a V8 or V6 or bigger engine to handle all that boost, or be able to afford to fix the problems. Sorry this happened, but if you mod your car problems like this will arise. Had a friend who had a Genesis turbo modded heavily and the engine blew....... There is a reason they come from the factory a certain way.

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
What i dont understand is people by these 2.3L engine and mod like crazy and surprised when they engine blows, same with WRX's, Genesis's, Evo's. If your going to mod your car that heavily just buy a V8 or V6 or bigger engine to handle all that boost, or be able to afford to fix the problems. Sorry this happened, but if you mod your car problems like this will arise. Had a friend who had a Genesis turbo modded heavily and the engine blew....... There is a reason they come from the factory a certain way.
Spoken like a true idiot.

Sponsored

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
V8 and V6 is bigger YES
to handle all that boost - NO. You boost stock V8 and V6 to 20+ psi... that will be the end of the motor.
or be able to afford to fix - Yes

Most people who blew their engine so far didn't blow it from having too much power. Most of them were due to pre-ignition condition blowing piston/rods or spun bearings... which has to do with oil delivery and over rev.

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
V8 and V6 is bigger YES
to handle all that boost - NO. You boost stock V8 and V6 to 20+ psi... that will be the end of the motor.
or be able to afford to fix - Yes

Most people who blew their engine so far didn't blow it from having too much power. Most of them were due to pre-ignition condition blowing piston/rods or spun bearings... which has to do with oil delivery and over rev.
Pretty sure he has no idea what he is talking about and the info you provided just went right over his head lol.

I really love when clueless people chime in on discussions that they have no knowledge of.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Ummm .... :lol:

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
What I don't understand is people like you who post and have no clue wtf they are talking about.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Latest Update:
That person's motor blew the exact same way and he had the JMS modules and a CAI like me. Ford came out and visually inspected his engine (no tear down) and they honored the warranty for him.
That's a huge red flag for me, when coupled with feedback from other users. I'd avoid the JMS Modules like the plague at this point.
Sponsored