ECOBOOM!

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Manual w/PP
just an excess aceleration while leaving work, nothing THAT crazy. And the stock motorcraft, only have 12k miles on it.
Sorry to hear this man but I'm not sure if I'm reading this right.
You had almost every mod, even colder plugs but you kept using the stock oil???!!? :(

P.s hope the rebuild goes well. Use better oil!!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Agree with that... I have 10k set aside to replace my engine... might even go "big turbo" (yea, I'd upgrade the intercooler if I went big turbo).

Was going to trade it for a GT, but I would have had to pay more than 10k. Plus, on the insurance side, I save a lot of money. Generally love the turbo for my area and style of driving. Love getting 32 mpg when driving like someone has some sense and turning everything to "off".

GT did not do anything for me either (test drove two). I considered going GT heavily when all of this ecoboom crap started. Due to the miles on my car, I was not offered much. And that was 5k miles ago...

My car is paid off so I'm good with waiting for the engine to blow. If it does not, that is a plus.
I'm with you on that... I drove a couple of GT's and thought they were faster, sure, but underwhelming and the heavy front end just felt a bit awkward after driving the EB. GT guys really can't wrap their head around this for some reason. Another 50HP and the EB would be just about perfect. Probably would have cut into the GT's sales too much. But they really need to do something about the EB exhaust note. Pretty bad.

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I'm with you on that... I drove a couple of GT's and thought they were faster, sure, but underwhelming and the heavy front end just felt a bit awkward after driving the EB. GT guys really can't wrap their head around this for some reason. Another 50HP and the EB would be just about perfect. Probably would have cut into the GT's sales too much. But they really need to do something about the EB exhaust note. Pretty bad.
It's a 4 cyl.. what did you expect?:shrug:

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
The EB with a tune and bolt ons did feel quicker than the GT.. but if you really push the limit, hitting redline on both you can feel the GT's power.

The base M6 GT I admit felt sluggish but the PP felt good.

OP
OP

hmdballa219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 shadow black mustang GT
Edge of what?

Bankruptcy? Poverty? Homelessness? Almost out the parent's basement?

Sounds exciting, let me know how that works out. :D

This is pretty irrelvant but since u say something like that. I'm 25 just bought my own house and bought the mustang brand new by myself no co signer so ya we love on the edge and modify whatever the he'll we want..I don't have 10k sitting around because I just bought a house but I'll get the car rebuilt not really worried

Sponsored

OP
OP

hmdballa219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
So heres the update guys I went to get it towed from my ford dealership and it drove pretty good. I was driving it around the parking lot yelling to people "this is what ford technicians call a blown engine" but there was a minimal noise of a knock or something so I got the tow. Could of drove it but didn't want to damage it more. Teardown will start soon!

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Since it's still running you really shouldn't start it again, you only risk doing more damage that could greatly increase the cost. Let your mechanic do the tare down, maybe it won't be that bad.

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
actually, I know im the minority on this, but I prefer the exhaust to be "sleeper" sounding.

But then Im not a kid either.:shrug:

OP
OP

hmdballa219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Since it's still running you really shouldn't start it again, you only risk doing more damage that could greatly increase the cost. Let your mechanic do the tare down, maybe it won't be that bad.

Ya I'm not going to start anymore.. I just wanted to hear it in my garage on cold start cuz it's so damn loud lol.

OP
OP

hmdballa219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear this man but I'm not sure if I'm reading this right.
You had almost every mod, even colder plugs but you kept using the stock oil???!!? :(

P.s hope the rebuild goes well. Use better oil!!!
Because I know that motorcraft is semi syntehic and I figured that was going to be alright til my next oil change I was gonna go full syntehic when I change it myself.

Sponsored

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
actually, I know im the minority on this, but I prefer the exhaust to be "sleeper" sounding.

you're not alone. I love V8 thunder however, I prefer a tamer exhaust myself.
:cheers:

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Ya I'm not going to start anymore.. I just wanted to hear it in my garage on cold start cuz it's so damn loud lol.
Can you look at the engine build sticker and let us know if it is a Cleveland or Valencia?

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier

Me too, it's not the level it's the tone. Sounds like the car is quietly moaning, lol. Now a Kawasaki triple 2-stroke is a real exhaust note! Just got back from the Barber Vintage Motorcycle Festival and it was great to hear all the old bikes that most people have never even seen.
[ame]

OP
OP

hmdballa219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys no update yet but I am gonna do some internal rebulding to handle the beating. Having problem finishing internal parts. Anyone know where to find them??

OP
OP

hmdballa219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Aftermarket perfomance ones by the way
Sponsored