EB base float while driving

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
Has anyone with an EB base model noticed that the car "floats" on the road at highway "legal" speeds? I've changed steering modes but I feel like I'm constantly floating around in the lane I'm in. The car is all stock but I'm looking to get it more stable. Any suggestions on what could be causing this or some upgrades to fix the issue?
Sponsored

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
what is your tire pressure? without any other info it almost sounds like high tire pressure

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I have a base EB too and It tracks straight as an arrow but does feel a bit Floaty in high speed turns,
I beleive this is mostly due to the Hankook Ventus all seasons on the car. A 235/55/17 tire that has a HUGE sidewall is never going to feel super connected to the road. The sidewalls seem very soft too which means alot of deflection. Add that to the Base softer spring rates and a very high ride height and a little deflection feels magnified in the car.

I will be Replacing the Wheels with 18 inch rims and 255/45R18 w rated UHP all season tires in addition to CJPP 1" lowering springs and going to reevaluate the ride to determine if upgraded shocks will be needed. So far i have found body roll to not be much of an issue and expect it to be less so on the new springs, but It is a daily Driver so I am not willing to compromise much in comfort.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Lowering springs will help reduce the bounce.

OP
OP
ranger11x

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
Tire pressure stays from 35-37 psi depending on heat. I'd like to do springs and I know they reduce body roll but will it help it stop floating left and right while driving straight. I'm also waiting on a nice set of wheels and tires to change those out as well

Sponsored

MagneticEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
springs and sways will tighten that up. I have experienced that in my car too.

larso2ka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
My V6 does the same thing. At highway speeds, the front end feels like it randomly pulls slightly left and right. I've had the alignment checked and everything was fine. It just doesn't feel right, it makes me a little nervous.

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
I went with a prokit drop and 20 inch wheels with low profile high performance tires for my V6. Very tight and no more float.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Tire pressure stays from 35-37 psi depending on heat. I'd like to do springs and I know they reduce body roll but will it help it stop floating left and right while driving straight. I'm also waiting on a nice set of wheels and tires to change those out as well
sounds like your pressure is a bit low, mine is 39 cold and 42-43 hot. Low pressure will make the sidewalls softer and increase the disconnected feeling. Try airing up a bit to around 40 cold and see if it feels better,

I'll let you know how springs and tires feel if I get them done before you.:cheers:

OP
OP
ranger11x

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
Thanks Glenn and I'll try a few other things as well I'm trying not to drop it too much because it's a daily and I drive in some crazy places.

Sponsored

Mike A.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
At highway speeds, the front end feels like it randomly pulls slightly left and right.
I just picked up my GT PP yesterday and I noticed this same exact feeling on the highway. Just feels a bit floaty. Took it through some fun backroads this morning, driving hard and in the corners it feels nice and planted..no concerns there at all. I only notice it while just cruising on the highway.

I'm coming from a VW GTI w/ a few suspension tweaks and Michelin Pilot Super Sports...maybe that is why is so noticeable to me. The GTI handling was incredible, especially with the Pilot Super Sports.

I had a 2011 GT and I don't remember it feeling floaty on the highway.

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
Might be the tread following grooves or depressions in the road. Had a set of Hankook R-S2 on my 2001 mustang that would pull the car left and right when they had something to follow. Forget about driving over a gradated bridge tread squirm would shake the car.

Sponsored