Driving Gloves

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Ok like rock n roll also admitted, i have Never ever thought to wear driving gloves…. Not to protect the steering wheel or for the traction factor. But you guys have me thinking now….
a nice pair of Italian driving gloves may be in my future….

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I use these, as they are dual purpose for trying to drive and exceptional when faced with road rage. The problem is, accessing my trigger finger with them on. 😂😂😂
IMG_4081.jpeg

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I still have a few USAF issue flight gloves. They work great for driving. My steering wheel has an aftermarket leather wrap and hasn't needed to be cleaned in years.

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
That's too bad, clean it with a proper leather cleaner and you will clearly see and feel the difference.
Each of my car is garage kept, and every time I can appreciate a clear difference.

Also, I can recommend a good leather sealant after you thoroughly cleaned the surfaces.
Why ? my leather looks great. I’ve got more important stuff to do then clean and condition leather on a 8 year old car that don’t need it,

“that’s too bad”

that’s too funny :)

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Why ? my leather looks great. I’ve got more important stuff to do then clean and condition leather on a 8 year old car that don’t need it,

“that’s too bad”

that’s too funny :)
Just curious, does it still have the matte finish like from factory or is it shiny? If it’s shiny, that’s all the oils from your hands over the years. It should have more of a matte finish. Should also be pretty smooth. It will get a little sticky from the oils in your hands as well. Not super sticky but will have a little tack to it.

Not saying you have to clean it, your car do what you want. Just throwing it out there and as to why I clean and condition mine (and my wife’s for that matter).

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Just curious, does it still have the matte finish like from factory or is it shiny? If it’s shiny, that’s all the oils from your hands over the years. It should have more of a matte finish. Should also be pretty smooth. It will get a little sticky from the oils in your hands as well. Not super sticky but will have a little tack to it.

Not saying you have to clean it, your car do what you want. Just throwing it out there and as to why I clean and condition mine (and my wife’s for that matter).

IDK, I'll try to remember to look next time I'm in the car.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
I use these, as they are dual purpose for trying to drive and exceptional when faced with road rage. The problem is, accessing my trigger finger with them on. 😂😂😂
IMG_4081.jpeg
'cept you can't give anybody the finger with those. maybe just the fist, yike!

Sponsored

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Maybe not fashionable, but I use baseball batting gloves when I autocross.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

steathv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 California Special
4 vehicles, gloves in each, bridle gloves for horse riding, regular cold weather leather gloves, work out gloves, they all work great, my hands sweat a lot and have ruined leather steering wheels in the past.

Park

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, 20 Mustang EB and 21 Bronco Sport
I never thought about driving gloves, but two years ago a came down with severe eczema and my hands were very painful. I got fingerless leather gloves from the knuckles out. Even after my hands are better I drive everything with them, they are great for keeping the wheel clean and and giving you a great grip on the wheel !
Sponsored