Sponsored

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Went with FRPP. Probably overkill for what will eventually be a 600-650 rwhp car (550 now) but certainly some nice peace of mind. As a bonus they kind of match all the Steeda stuff in the rear, makes a nice visual with the rear wheel off.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Using the DSS 800 axles. Should be more than enough for me.

OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I would go with DSS. I have had issues with Ford Racing shafts so far.

Sponsored

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I would go with DSS. I have had issues with Ford Racing shafts so far.
what issues are you having? My car is currently at hpp getting some things done. Half shafts, drive shaft, and clutch will be my next mods. I just want to make sure I do everything right on this go around. I've spent a fortune trying to get the car running right with the procharger and I don't want to do the same with the drivetrain.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
what issues are you having? My car is currently at hpp getting some things done. Half shafts, drive shaft, and clutch will be my next mods. I just want to make sure I do everything right on this go around. I've spent a fortune trying to get the car running right with the procharger and I don't want to do the same with the drivetrain.
His thread about it was here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18948

Ford Racing made some changes to the specs on the axles during production and everything had to be handled directly with ford racing rather than g-force, which for whatever reason was blown way out of proportion for him.

I wrote G-Force about it myself to find out before I installed my FRPP axles and here was the reply:

Charles,

Ford did request some changes to the Halfshafts that we manufacture for them.
They didn't want the black e-coat on the stubs so we now supply them un coated.
They were afraid the e-coat would contaminate the diff fluid. We continue to e-coat all our other product lines, it's just a Ford thing.
They also wanted a higher torque value on axle bolts, it used to be 60 ft lbs and is now 80-85 ft lbs.
Not sure if you got an older set or newer set but you would need to contact Ford Racing to see about getting them swapped out, they handle all of the distribution and warranty decisions.

I also wanted to say thank you for purchasing Ford Racing Half Shafts :)

Thank You
Chris Nichols
Gforce Engineering
I checked my set, and they were the old ones with the coated stub ends. I put them in and I am not even worried about it. I didnt even bother increasing the torque to 80-85 on the bolts... 60 with loctite isnt going to fall out. Maybe next time I have the car in the air I will throw a hex socket on there and double check them, but it didnt even worry me enough to screw with it before install... and i certainly would not waste my time and money shipping them back just to get the bolts tightened more LOL.

OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Actually Phunk, after the Ford racing shafts were on my car for only 1000 miles, we had to send one back. I'm currently waiting to see if they are going to cover it under warranty. This happened after the first issue.

Also, that so called over reaction...I made them pay for all labor and shipping in regards to the first issue. At first they were not willing to pay for the labor or shipping.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Why did you have to send one back?

Its fine you made them pay for it... but you could have just tightened the bolts to the new spec and been done and over with it. I dont understand why you guys removed them and shipped them back for such a minor thing.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Oh I forgot, I did have a problem with my FRPP.

They put the left/right stickers on wrong... so pay attention to the stub length on the axles you took out to figure out which one goes on which side, because someone over there doesnt know left from right LOL

Sponsored
OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Why did you have to send one back?

Its fine you made them pay for it... but you could have just tightened the bolts to the new spec and been done and over with it. I dont understand why you guys removed them and shipped them back for such a minor thing.
That was not the issue. The locktite on the bolts was contaminated during manufacturing and Ford Racing said that it could cause the half shafts to come apart while driving. Ford advised that it was unsafe to drive with the shaft.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Right on.. I mean I still find the situation curious but I'm not here to drill you over it.

So why did you send one back again though?

OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Right on.. I mean I still find the situation curious but I'm not here to drill you over it.

So why did you send one back again though?
We sent the left side one back this time because...it couldn't handle the power lol.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Sorry to hear that and I will keep my fingers crossed that neither of mine break. they sure looked beefy as hell... the largest IRS axles I have ever personally held

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
I have DSS 1400. They have gone 1.55 sixty on slicks with zero issues.
Sponsored