Sponsored

Down shift 3rd to 2nd = Engine Shut OFF?

pabbs5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 S550
So I'm having horrible luck lol I was driving hitting a turn and boom engine off when I was down shifting from 3rd to 2nd! It happened 2 times in a row and its happened a few times before. I called my boy with a 15 5.0 and he said it's happened to him today too lol. He's at 7k miles and I'm at 9.8k miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
So I'm having horrible luck lol I was driving hitting a turn and boom engine off when I was down shifting from 3rd to 2nd! It happened 2 times in a row and its happened a few times before. I called my boy with a 15 5.0 and he said it's happened to him today too lol. He's at 7k miles and I'm at 9.8k miles

gonna need some more information. transmission? engine? never experienced a problem like that.

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
Never happened, and you should take it to get looked at. That's not normal.

Sponsored

Codog23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Not normal. I've never had that happen once and down shift into turns pretty often. Take it to the shop to be looked at.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Downshift all the time from 3 to 2nd in a corner and thats never happened. I would take it in.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Apparently this has happened to a few owners. I believe it is a fluke occurence.

OP
OP

pabbs5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 S550
I've heard this was an issue with the 2010-14 Camaros and there's no fix. But if this is a common occurrence shouldn't there be a concern? Like what if I was merging onto the freeway and BOOM! I get hit cause the engine dies and can't steer thanks to no power steering?

Sponsored

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I've heard this was an issue with the 2010-14 Camaros and there's no fix. But if this is a common occurrence shouldn't there be a concern? Like what if I was merging onto the freeway and BOOM! I get hit cause the engine dies and can't steer thanks to no power steering?

Cars didn't have power steering back in the day :) Also, at speed you have more control. Now the wheel lock on the other hand... (No idea if the 15 has one)

This is really weird though.

OP
OP

pabbs5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 S550
Cars didn't have power steering back in the day :) Also, at speed you have more control. Now the wheel lock on the other hand... (No idea if the 15 has one)

This is really weird though.

I know cars didn't have power steering back in the cave man days.

Hell na you don't have more control lol when I turned my wheel I was slowing down quick!!! I made it to the curb but I lost all momentum quickly lol.