Don't hate me

OP
OP

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Sorry but which was it? Dealer or private?
Do you mind sharing how much you got for it? I'm going to have to sell mine in a few months as moving to Australia so would be useful to get an idea of where i stand.
Not as much as i'd liked....£29'000 and that was to a main dealer, only had 3'200 on the clock, as for the spec she was very basic, no sat nav or parking sensors . Sure I could have got more else where but I really needed to sell in a hurry as my tax and insurance was due and I didn't want to pay out, first year service was also due, not only that being a shift worker and working weekends makes viewings difficult.

Hope this helps.
Sponsored

vikz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Not as much as i'd liked....£29'000 and that was to a main dealer, only had 3'200 on the clock, as for the spec she was very basic, no sat nav or parking sensors . Sure I could have got more else where but I really needed to sell in a hurry as my tax and insurance was due and I didn't want to pay out, first year service was also due, not only that being a shift worker and working weekends makes viewings difficult.

Hope this helps.
Thanks that really helps. At least that will match my settlement figure so I'm not paying for them to have it back!

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Interesting on your what you got for it figure.

Mines been up for sale for a month now. Very little interest.

A dealer offered me 30k right at the beginning, not Ford, wish I'd taken it now.

Ford offered 28k a couple of weeks ago.

I think the problem is selling at 30 odd thousand is hard privately. People don't want to take the risk and rather pay a few thousand more for the piece of mind of a dealer sale.

Did you get any discount off the RS?

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
I think the problem is selling at 30 odd thousand is hard privately. People don't want to take the risk and rather pay a few thousand more for the piece of mind of a dealer sale.
Think you're bang on there - I think anything over £10k is a lot for a private car, most people I know wouldn't dream of risking a load of cash on a private sale:ninja:

OP
OP

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Interesting on your what you got for it figure.

Mines been up for sale for a month now. Very little interest.

A dealer offered me 30k right at the beginning, not Ford, wish I'd taken it now.

Ford offered 28k a couple of weeks ago.

Did you get any discount off the RS?
Was it Think Ford at Guildford you went to? That's who I sold mine too.

Sponsored

OP
OP

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
And I didn't think to ask for money off the RS.

OP
OP

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Think you're bang on there - I think anything over £10k is a lot for a private car, most people I know wouldn't dream of risking a load of cash on a private sale:ninja:
And if you're going to spend that sort of money (£30'000) you'd more than likely go to a main dealer and buy brand new.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Was it Think Ford at Guildford you went to? That's who I sold mine too.
It was.

They claimed that they had had a GT sitting on their forecourt for a while which they eventually shifted for 31k.

Seems low. Had a look at Ford used cars and the GT seems to be £35k plus.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I think you did well. Hassle free sale and someone would always try and beat you down about 'no sat nav, or parking sensors'. By any measure of selling a used car the depreciation was small. Don't feel sorry for dealers but remember they lose 20% of any margin to VAT, and corporation tax on profit that's left, plus the money's tied up till they sell.

OP
OP

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Picked it up today, so far so good, loving the colour and wheels, early days as I have the be gentle bit for the first 1000 miles which may take sometime to do as it's not a daily.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Picked it up today, so far so good, loving the colour and wheels, early days as I have the be gentle bit for the first 1000 miles which may take sometime to do as it's not a daily.
Pics or it didnt happen ;)

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'll see what I can do, hey I may even pop to the next Berkshire meet as long as I don't get booted outa the car park :)
Be keen to see it mate, you're always welcome as long as you bring a Ford badge with you!

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
:cheers:
Sponsored