Sponsored

Does your Mustang's seat lumbar support suck?

luxe_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Guard 50th PP
Does anyone else hate the power lumbar support? Something about it for me is awful - it just happens to hit me right in a particular spot on my back that makes the seat really uncomfortable. I wish the lumbar support was also adjustable up and down...

The passenger seat for me is much more comfortable (no power lumbar support), but the lumbar support in my driver's seat just doesn't go back/down far enough - it feels like someone is poking a bar in my back the whole time.

Is my lumbar support broken (it doesn't adjust back far enough to match the comfort of the passenger seat) or is it just me? If the latter, any suggestions for how to fix this? I'm thinking of going to a custom upholstery/seat guy to remove the power lumbar support completely. But first I'll check out other Mustangs at a few dealerships to ensure something's not wrong with mine.

Any help/thoughts are appreciated. I really love my car except for the major seat discomfort (that I was unable to detect during a few short test drives). Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

badass03ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 GT 'vert, 1973 Fastback
Seems a bit low for me....More like an upper ass support than lumbar, but doesn't "hurt" me. I too wish it were in a better position, say, in my lumbar region.... The support in my 03 and my Fusion are better as far as my spine is concerned, and I have pretty discerning spine since I am missing discs and have others bulging due to being blown up....

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
I have a base GT and it is pretty much useless because it is too low. My old LX 5.0 lumbard support is perfect compare to my 2015

PJE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base Ecoboost Mustang - Ingot Silver
I also found the lumber support to be too low, but with it retracted all the way I don't find the seat uncomfortable - which I did for the first 500+ miles.

I'm now even moving the support forward a bit...

Sponsored

OP
OP

luxe_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Guard 50th PP
Good to know at least some of you share generally the same feelings as me, although it unfortunately doesn't solve my problem. I didn't make it to any dealers today, but hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday I can update my findings regarding the lumbar support in other Mustangs.

PJE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base Ecoboost Mustang - Ingot Silver
Good to know at least some of you share generally the same feelings as me, although it unfortunately doesn't solve my problem. I didn't make it to any dealers today, but hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday I can update my findings regarding the lumbar support in other Mustangs.
How many miles do you have on your car?

Some of the issue may improve as the seat padding wears in. Originally I found it very uncomfortable, but as I reached 1000+ miles either I'd broken in the seat, or the seat had broken me in... I'm approaching 3000 miles now and I find the seat to be OK - although I can't put the lumber out too far.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
up and down adjustment would be nice. Hits me in the right spot though.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I HATE the lumbar support in the driver's seat. If I could remove it I would.

spence52490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Auto
Wow, I came here to make the exact same post. Yes, I agree the support is pretty weak.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
fine for me

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I hear you OP. I don't like it at all and actually like the passenger seat better. It hits in the wrong spot and even with it all the way retracted the feel of it still bothers my lower back. It is more like an upper ass support and needs to retract into the seat farther. I wish it wasn't there. Hopefully I will get used to it. 1000 miles and I'm still not. I just may have to have it removed as well someday. Let us know if you do and what would be involved to remove it. Thanks.

Lostz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Ford Mustang GT
Feels good to me.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I loathe the lumbar support and I too find it is too low and doesn't retract all the way. I sat in the passenger seat today and it's very comfortable in comparison. It really bothers my back and I find myself trying to compensate for it by repositioning the seat back. Good idea OP, going to a dealership and sitting in other Mustangs with lumbar support for a comparison. I wonder if it's installed improperly, it really sticks out quite a bit compared to the passenger seat. In my 06 the drivers seat with lumbar support retracted all the way and felt the same as the passenger seat back. Please report back your findings. I am going to do the same when I take mine back to have the panel alignment fixed.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Sponsored