mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Edit on 31 Dec: Avoid roger1981 at all costs. Do not buy from him.

———————————————

Original post:

I sent @roger1981 some money for a part last Thursday early afternoon and he hasn't shipped it yet. He's been promising to ship it "tomorrow" since then. I sent the money friends and family (I know what I did) so I have no recourse, but wondering if anyone knows him or has had good luck buying from him. I didn't see anything in my brief look at his history that was too alarming so I rolled the dice.

Now I am getting radio silence from him.

Maybe it's the holiday season, or maybe my expectation of how quickly something should be shipped is incredibly off base.

Hoping it's all just a giant misunderstanding.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I sent @roger1981 some money for a part last Thursday early afternoon and he hasn't shipped it yet. He's been promising to ship it "tomorrow" since then. I sent the money friends and family (I know what I did) so I have no recourse, but wondering if anyone knows him or has had good luck buying from him. I didn't see anything in my brief look at his history that was too alarming so I rolled the dice.

Now I am getting radio silence from him.

Maybe it's the holiday season, or maybe my expectation of how quickly something should be shipped is incredibly off base.

Hoping it's all just a giant misunderstanding.
His profile says he was on here yesterday. When was the last time you heard from the guy?
If he was on here he obviously had the time to get ahold of you, right?

OP
OP
mejohn50

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
His profile says he was on here yesterday. When was the last time you heard from the guy?
Last I heard from him was nearly 48 hours ago at this point.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Similar story happened to me here. Another member was actually going to buy my cup 2s, he paid a $200 deposit for him to pick up on weekend. Never contact me for over a week, showed he was "ON" here but never received a response from the guy. Wonder what happened so I just refunded his money.

Hope OP gets a response soon. What a bummer.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Similar story happened to me here. Another member was actually going to buy my cup 2s, he paid a $200 deposit for him to pick up on weekend. Never contact me for over a week, showed he was "ON" here but never received a response from the guy. Wonder what happened so I just refunded his money.

Hope OP gets a response soon. What a bummer.
Still got those Cup 2’s? Lol

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Google his email or his user id - sometimes people use the same across platforms. You’ll be able to tell what he’s up to or if there are others with same concerns.

He’s not “new” to here based on his profile. While people may have things that come up, I’ll agree that if they have the time to log into XYZ platform, they should certainly have time to address an obligation.

To get his attention, why not just post in his recent threads? That would get his attention and get the attention of other members in that thread too.

Some sites I belong to some members are LEO’s and others are in different levels of law enforcement who will help to track down the perp with positive results. SVTP, IH8MUD, Yellow Bullet, etc. are just a few sites where you don’t want to screw around there, they WILL hunt you down (and I don’t mean just your online profile, they physically go to addresses and alert other authorities in places the perp is known to associate). On another site (Corral) one dude actually got locked up and is doing time for doing the same but to quite a few members….

Taking money over the internet without producing goods is wire fraud, interstate fraud and the same as mail fraud - IIRC it’s a Federal offense…

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
Perhaps our forum moderators can help to re-establish/ facilitate communication?

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Most of his threads are selling stuff.

That raises some red-flags to me.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I saw in one of his fairly recent posts his also on TMO. Not sure if his username is the same but might be worth looking into over there. Just a quick glance at his posts, a lot of them are items for sale. If possible maybe see if anyone else in those listings has had a similar experience?

Sponsored
OP
OP
mejohn50

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
I’ve been in contact with him since I made this post.

Not all hope is lost.

I’m not trying to drag his name through the mud or anything. I think I got what I needed from posting this thread, so hoping I can have it deleted once it’s all cleared up.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I mean it's odd to go thru the bother of complying with for sale rules, only to stiff members.

Add me to the likely victim list. I used ppal product, so have chargeback capability.
Sponsored