DIY Magneride delete option

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I’m really beginning to think that my line lock issue is related to me replacing the factory Magneride shocks and installing Shock Delete Engineering sensors back there to try and fool the PCM into thinking Magneride is still intact. Tbh, I feel like the SDE sensors weren’t worth the $200 spent (rear sensors only), as I have still occasionally gotten a Suspension Fault - Speed Limited to 80 MPH warning on the dash.

I found a neat little DIY on how to build my own Magneride shock delete kit. I’m working on making a pair for my car as we speak. This writeup was done by a Camaro owner btw. I always thought Camaro owners might be good for something, lol. Anyways, here’s the link.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/atta...fa4f8b348ce&attachmentid=1062775&d=1616468914

So far, I’ve cut the pigtails off of my factory Magneride shocks, soldered extension wire onto them and used heat shrink on them for a clean look. I slipped the rubber boots back onto the pigtails, in case I need to drill a 9/16 hole through the car, in order to mount the resistors on a panel inside that is away from the elements and to also serve as additional heatsink. I should have the resistors in hand, later in the week and can button things up and see if it works.

If there’s anyone here that has done something similar, please share your results with us. Thanks

IMG_6327.jpeg

IMG_6328.jpeg

IMG_6329.jpeg
Sponsored

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I can't speak on the Ford Magneride delete, but we have had a lot of problems with the GM's burning up the resistors. Were the gains substantial enough with deleting Magneride to make it worth the headaches? I'm pretty determined to keep it.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I can't speak on the Ford Magneride delete, but we have had a lot of problems with the GM's burning up the resistors. Were the gains substantial enough with deleting Magneride to make it worth the headaches? I'm pretty determined to keep it.
I like the adjustability of the new shocks, but I don’t like any of the headaches associated with the delete at all.

Dialing in the new shocks is also a challenge, but it’s one that I think can be worth it.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The resistors arrived and I’ve soldered the wires to them. Just waiting on nutserts and special size drill bit to arrive now, and then I’ll drill the rails on the underbody of the car to mount them and solder them to the pigtails that I made. More progress pics/videos.

IMG_5907.jpeg

IMG_5905.jpeg

IMG_5906.jpeg

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Here are the Shock Delete Engineering sensors that I removed, as they only worked intermittently. I don’t know if SDE has since revised the product, but I know I’m not the only one to confirm that they didn’t work well.

IMG_5910.jpeg

IMG_5909.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Finished product! I still need to test drive the car and see if it’s void of any warning lights though. So far, nothing popped up during a startup and warmup. I’ll report back with my findings soon, whether good or bad, but I’m hoping for good news.

IMG_6376.jpeg

IMG_6375.jpeg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Would it make sense to put the contents of your doohickey in a case and simply plug into the controller in the trunk? No need for fancy mounting or weather proofing. With an inline/patch cable?

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Would it make sense to put the contents of your doohickey in a case and simply plug into the controller in the trunk? No need for fancy mounting or weather proofing. With an inline/patch cable?
That’s really a great idea. I actually thought about mounting the resistors inside the car, but after talking with the guy, who did the writeup on it, he said his have been used in the harsh environments of Seattle (not weatherproofed) for 5 years and 100K miles and he’s had no issues with them. He sent me this pic of one of his front sensors mounted on his Camaro.

The other thing is, the area that I chose for mounting mine has been clean and dry (no sign of any water or rubber from the burnout box), and it should serve as a really good Heatsink. However, if I do encounter any issues from mounting them there, I’ll definitely circle back to the idea of mounting them inside.

IMG_6343.jpeg

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I drove the car 60+ miles today and it didn’t throw any DTCs or warning lights on the dash. That’s a good sign that my DIy Magneride delete sensors are working properly. Let’s hope they continue to work without issue. Aside from that, the line lock feature in Track Apps is still grayed out and I’m not sure why.
Sponsored