Sponsored

Diminished value claim

BLUEIVYS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford mustang GT performance deep impact blue
Hi guys I was on vacation in atlanta (I'm from Louisiana) for my birthday and I was rear ended at a stop light. My girl was surfing the web on her phone and the impact cause her nose ring to shatter in her nose as i was checking on her, the lady who hit me threw her car into reverse and fled the scene. She was located at a nursing home where she works and when they questioned her about why she left, she replied she doesn't know, I blacked out and woke up at work. Of course they arrested her. So now I've had my car repaired it was $8700 in damages. I made a dmv claim and they sent me a check for $2074.00 my appraiser said that it was ridiculous and a very low ball offer. So I forwarded her appraisal of $4788.00 and they refused to budge. I filed a complaint with the insurance commissioner in my state and they are investigating but it takes 30-45 days. My adjuster refuses to negotiate. Is their any tips or advice you guys can offer based on your past experiences? Anything is greatly appreciated and please no negative comments or insults. I just need helpful advice. Thanks
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Lawyer...that's the easiest but most costly method. You can also inquire with the state gov, there's an office that has oversight on insurance companies, but I don't recall the specific name.

5.0H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver 5.0
Sorry to hear OP. I was rear-ended last week after only having my car for a week and just got it appraised today. Looking at about $3k in damage and I will definitely be claiming diminished value once it's fixed which they are saying will most likely be next Friday. Man I miss it so much haha

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
No one would know if it was fixed correctly 10 years ago, but with services like Carfax, there are no longer any secrets.

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
I have also posts about diminished value. I am very interested if you make progress with this. So far, I haven't been able to find a case were it was successful. I'm totally blind you. I usually end up trading it in and starting over with a new mustang. #hailstormdamage

Sponsored

40calcobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ty gtpp, 04 cobra
No one would know if it was fixed correctly 10 years ago, but with services like Carfax, there are no longer any secrets.
Not true! If repair shop doesn't report to carfax then they won't know. My 13 5.0 had 12k hail damage and when they pulled carfax it was clean.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Not true! If repair shop doesn't report to carfax then they won't know. My 13 5.0 had 12k hail damage and when they pulled carfax it was clean.
FWIW When my Cadillac got T-boned, the shop (dealer) said shops don't report to Carfax; just the insurance company that pays for the work report it.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
Insurance is who does the reporting.

I tapped someone in my Audi. ZERO damage on my car. cracked bumper on a saturn. My car never saw a repair shop. Went to trade mt Audi in 2 years later, and car fax reports front end collision. There was nothing I could do to dispute it.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I know each State has varying insurance and Motor vehicle laws/policies --- but exactly how does a disminished value claim work?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I know each State has varying insurance and Motor vehicle laws/policies --- but exactly how does a disminished value claim work?
If you're asking what is the rational, its that a 3rd party has harmed you by diminishing the value of your car. Lets say you have a car worth $50,000 and someone runs into it. They pay to have it repaired but its now only worth $40,000 because its been in a wreck. If you sold the car the day after it was repaired you are out $10,000 compared to if it hadn't been in a wreck. So the 3rd party is liable for that loss.
Sponsored