Sponsored

Dilemma - Trade 2007 GT500 for 2019 Bullitt?

Keep the GT500 or get the Bullitt?

• Total voters

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I realize this is the very definition of a First World Problem, but it's been eating at me for a few days now.

My local Ford dealer has two leftover 2019 Bullitts in stock (well, three, but one is black, so...no), with about $5K off sticker. Now with the 0% for 84 months, plus payment assistance, I'm beginning to think about trading in my 2007 Shelby GT500 for the Bullitt.

The Bullitt is newer, with a much nicer interior, independent rear suspension, same 0-60 time (4.4 seconds). I'm also starting to worry about parts availability for the GT500 - it only has 74K miles, and it's been very reliable, and believe it or not still has a FordProtect PremiumCARE ESP good until December 2023 or 118K miles. On the other hand, I'll miss the instant-torque button with the supercharger, along with that awesome whine.

So...I could go either way. I'd love a newer performance car for around $4-500 a month, depending on what I could get for the GT500. I could also try selling the Shelby private party, but I don't want to deal with the headaches.

Am I crazy? I want something fun to drive on the weekends and on long road trips, with maybe the occasional trip to VIR for some road course fun.
If you’re not dead set on a Bullitt - but still want that Supercharger whine AND a brand new S550 - I’m tossing this in your mix:

https://www.lebanonfordperformance.com/2020-supercharged-mustang-for-42495/

Doesn’t make that Bullitt as appealing now... :devil:
Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I realize you already made your decision, but if it was me, I'd rather have the '19 Bullitt, esp. if it has MagneRide. That said, a run of the mill GT PP1 A10 would outrun your '07 GT500 in a straight line and in the curves, esp. if it has MagneRide. I realize that's not an option you're looking at, and you'd probably miss the uniqueness of the model if you got a new GT (probably not an issue with the Bullitt since it's a special trim within the model).

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I put get the bullit but what I really mean is get a gt350

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
If there is any possibility that you'll want a GT500 in the same state of personalization, imagine the amount of energy and other resources it would take to find and fix up one in that day's market. There will always be a new, desirable Mustang-or-surrogate you can pick off the shelf. Not so with that most-desirable GT500. Tough to un-ring that bell.

OP
OP
MadManMoon

MadManMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MME GTPE, 2007 Shelby GT500
I took a 100-mile social-distancing cruise yesterday to get reacquainted with her, and definitely confirmed my decision to keep her for now. Oodles of low-end torque and that blower whine will keep me happy for at least another three years. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
MadManMoon

MadManMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MME GTPE, 2007 Shelby GT500
Do you still track this car?

Norm
I haven't been back to the track since 2011. It was a blast, but the GT500 is just not a great road course car. Sure, the straights are super fun, and punching out of the turns is addictive, but it's just too nose-heavy and ponderous to handle well in the corners.

I'm very tempted to pick up a 2005-2009 base GT and do a full track car - remove interior, coilovers, etc. That way if I put it into the wall, I can just total the car, take the expensive parts, and get another old GT. The GT500 is too rare and expensive to risk on the track, even with HPDE insurance.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
^^^ Makes sense as far as risk/rarity/value goes, and it'd be way too hard to hold yourself back to driving something like that at only 5/10ths or so.

I might be a bit biased as far as what you're tempted to get involved with . . .

Norm
Sponsored