Sponsored

digital speedo and gear number

Wrathor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone try out the Navdy hud? I'm debating getting one to fill in what's missing in the center gauges, i just don't know if it'll be too much in the way.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Anyone try out the Navdy hud? I'm debating getting one to fill in what's missing in the center gauges, i just don't know if it'll be too much in the way.
I bought a Navdy for my son for Christmas, he loves it! He's driving a Mazda CX-5 SUV. I'm not sure what you mean by "too much in the way" but it is very obvious just to look at it sitting there. He says like advertised, it really makes it look like the information is projected out at the end of your hood or over the road and he really likes the functionality. The only thing he feels it's missing is lane information on the GPS. It doesn't show/tell you which lane you'll need to be in.

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
can't help with the digital speedo but... the gear I am in is always displayed regardless of being in sport mode or not ask your tuner.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I prefer tire pressures to be displayed. It's the most useful piece of info available next to the "Miles to Empty" estimate.

I really wish the vacuum gauge could be changed for an ammeter or volt meter. ...maybe even transmission or rear end oil temperature. The vacuum gauge, unless you've blown the engine, is really just a butterfly valve position indicator.
I can get transmission temp on mine...

Sponsored

ann grear

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ann
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang
how do we get this stuff to ford or are they not interested as they could sell them with square wheels

ann grear

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ann
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang
The gear number would be helpful with the digital speedo but surely we shouldn't have to ask a tuner etc

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
People have tried modding the as built data in the IPC to get the digital speedo to work with no success. Most likely you would have to swap the cluster for a GT350 cluster, then I would almost bet it works.

The only other idea I could think of is to flash the GT instrument cluster with firmware for a GT350 using IDS. Not sure it would even accept the GT350 firmware, but it would be worth a shot I suppose for someone that has access to IDS.

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
Get yourself some Aeroforce digital gauges, have the digital speedo and many other readouts! Love mine!

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I bought a Navdy for my son for Christmas, he loves it! He's driving a Mazda CX-5 SUV. I'm not sure what you mean by "too much in the way" but it is very obvious just to look at it sitting there.
If it's "very obvious", then it's at least somewhat distracting by definition.

You'll still see (most of) what's out past the display but any attention paid to the (virtual) HUD comes out of attention you should be paying to what's out there in the real world around you.

I will say that I glance at the gear number display in my wife's Subie - mostly because that car has a 6-speed transmission and every other car I've owned recently only had 5-speed gearboxes.

Norm

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
No digital speedo was a pet peeve of mine as well. Traded the GT for a 2017 Escape in January, and it's got it. Go figure.

ann grear

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ann
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang
Does the ausy 5l have a sound tube from the motor too behind the glovebox

nzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Fastback GT MT PP
sure do, however we don't get the cool DRLs in the headlights, sequential indicators, or hood heat extractors :tsk:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I use the digital Speed only because its hard to read the KPH on the analog. Once I get back to the states I'll activate the trans temp gauge.
Sponsored