Mustangchief

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
Does that say "hinged" for the 1/4 glass? Has this been proven as a fact? I thought SVTFreak said no - Please tell me I'm wrong!
It is what is listed on the build sheet and parts catalog. We'll know a lot more when the full parts catalog is available.

MandM9999

Mustang Lady 322
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Limited Edition 5.0L V-8
Unfortunately these items are not LE only. They are also on the 50th AP.

The only things on that list unique to the LEs are:
o Available in Wimbledon White or Kona Blue
o Tri-pane glass (louvered) rear quarter windows
o 50 Year Limited Edition, serialized instrumental panel badge
o Two-tone cashmere and black leather upholstery with the Mustang 50 Years Logo on the front seat backs
o Owner’s guide with leather portfolio
o PP with Auto
Kulfyur,

I believe there is a misunderstanding, ...I think the differences that we're discussing here are those between the GT with the performance pkg. and the limited edition...not to be confused with the 50 year appearance pkg., but it is a different vehicle entirely. The AP is an option, rather than a trim package, if that makes sense. It's possible that I misunderstood this particular thread, but that's the way I took it. Therefore, if I'm mistaken, please correct me!
This particular forum, I understood was for the LE owners (or future LE owners); not to be confused with those with a 50 year appearance package.

MandM9999

Mustang Lady 322
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcy
Vehicle(s)
From the outside, it's only Wheels and Glass, correct?
Sorry, Silver Window Trim, too!
The chrome is actually in multiple areas - Pony corral on the grill, window openings, and around the taillamps

Paint also. Which honestly was my biggest factor. I've always wanted Kona Blue and I'm not a fan of DIB.
Love the Kona Blue :clap2:

And the faux gas badge on the rear, which honestly I could take or leave. I do like the nod to Ford for their accomplishment of 50 years in production, very much...
However, I feel that the badge is something that they could have improved upon. I like the pony on the EcoBoost, I like the pony with the bars on the V-6, and I think the GT on the GT's is very traditional, I was just hoping for a little something more on the LE's, just my humble opinion...

kulfyur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE Mustang
Kulfyur,

I believe there is a misunderstanding, ...I think the differences that we're discussing here are those between the GT with the performance pkg. and the limited edition...not to be confused with the 50 year appearance pkg., but it is a different vehicle entirely. The AP is an option, rather than a trim package, if that makes sense. It's possible that I misunderstood this particular thread, but that's the way I took it. Therefore, if I'm mistaken, please correct me!
This particular forum, I understood was for the LE owners (or future LE owners); not to be confused with those with a 50 year appearance package.
Both the AP and the PP are options. And yes they are separate of each other. But the PP is not a trim. The trims would be v6, eco, eco-prem, gt, gt-prem. Or just v6, eco, gt depending on who you talk to. The PP can be added to all but the v6. the AP can be added to everything. I felt it significant to point that out because although this thread GT PP vs LE i think the point was primarily to point out what is unique to the LE. Since the GT PP can be equipped with the AP as well, I thought it was relevant to point those things out because that would bring the GT PP as close to the LE as the other mustangs can get. This again would leave us with only what is unique to the LE.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mustangchief

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
I did a bad job communicating up front what differences I was talking about. We already know what was announced as exclusive. What I', hoping for is other subtle differences that were never announced and then maybe the why it is different. I started the thread by comparing a LE build dheet against a GT PP with the 50th appearance pack. I'm looking mainly for part numbers and such. One of the things I found was the TPMS sensor is a different part number. It may be due to the frequency used or maybe the computer program. When we go to buy mods, extra tires or custom drapes, it will be handy to know if it is compatible. A SC and tune might be great, but if there is something different about the motor(it does have a different part number) you might damage something and void the warranty. If you buy an extra set of wheels like many intend to do, you need to see what TMPS sensor is needed.

kulfyur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE Mustang
I did a bad job communicating up front what differences I was talking about. We already know what was announced as exclusive. What I', hoping for is other subtle differences that were never announced and then maybe the why it is different. I started the thread by comparing a LE build dheet against a GT PP with the 50th appearance pack. I'm looking mainly for part numbers and such. One of the things I found was the TPMS sensor is a different part number. It may be due to the frequency used or maybe the computer program. When we go to buy mods, extra tires or custom drapes, it will be handy to know if it is compatible. A SC and tune might be great, but if there is something different about the motor(it does have a different part number) you might damage something and void the warranty. If you buy an extra set of wheels like many intend to do, you need to see what TMPS sensor is needed.
So we want unannounced items that are exclusive. Correct, or am I still miss understanding?

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
SVTFreak said his Stem caps were green....so our tires have nitrogen in them?

Sponsored

MandM9999

Mustang Lady 322
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcy
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for clarifying that... it is important to know those things and I couldn't agree more. My apology for misunderstanding, thanks MC!

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I have to say, this has been the most frustrating thing with purchasing the LE. The complete lack of information from Ford knowing some of these things are different. Hopefully this is all fully covered in the "Very Special Owner's Manual."

OP
OP
Mustangchief

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
I have to say, this has been the most frustrating thing with purchasing the LE. The complete lack of information from Ford knowing some of these things are different. Hopefully this is all fully covered in the "Very Special Owner's Manual."
Hmmm, I'll stay off my soap box a tad, but these Bama tunes and other Mods are mostly due to reverse engineering, not Ford putting out all of the specs. Ford should never be compelled to tell you everything about modifying your car. No manufacturer is. They will tell you what you need to know as far as safety, security and proper operation, but the nuts, bolts engineering and programming data will always be trade secrets. I know not every dealer service dept is the best, but you should always check with them first about parts. I found out about the TPMS sensors when I made an inquiry about availability. I was told they were a different part number. If you buy a hellcat, you will run into the same issues. These are not randomly torn down cars. The LE was meant to be a performance collector car, not a track car. They have the GT PP for those wanting to go mod crazy. I'm not saying mods on the LEs are bad, they will be just a little harder to do as most of the regular tuners/moders do not have access to them. CJ Pony parts has two, not sure if AM got one or not. The info will come in time.

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Hmmm, I'll stay off my soap box a tad, but these Bama tunes and other Mods are mostly due to reverse engineering, not Ford putting out all of the specs. Ford should never be compelled to tell you everything about modifying your car.

I don't plan to do any performance mods to mine. I just mean things like knowing the TPMS sensors are different. Wheels are something I may do to protect the originals. I would have never known if it isn't spelled out somewhere or unless Tirerack, AM or LMR knew better.

The LE is more than a GT with badges, we know that just from the brakes. Just a definitive list of what is different and preferably why. Why is there a different part number for the engine? Is it just for authenticity? That's fine, just want to understand.

I don't trust my Ford service department very much after they rotated my staggered wheels because they felt it was time. I'm sure working from VIN and computer will help anything needed mechanical or just standard Ford service wise.

I'm not complaining, I just want to understand what my $47K is buying.
Sponsored