bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Same reason they'd shift a MT in the rain on a public road. You want the next gear.

Not everybody has this 'just slap it in D and go' mindset. About a month ago I drove another family member's AT car, which had both paddles and the +/- lever control over manually commanded shifting. There just isn't any way I'd ever leave that AT to its own devices, not even if it had double the power it has, and it's reasonably peppy with the power it has now. And I'd pick the +/- method over the paddles every time.

Norm
You guys are reaching so hard in this thread. It's ridiculous. You'll never wreck one of these automatic cars in bad weather unless your driving like a nitwit. If your mindset is. I need to be in total control in bad weather with the paddles. Instead of just slowing down and using the driver modes provided for you by Ford. You deserve to run your car into a field. Not every trip to the grocery story has to be driven at 9/10th with your hair on fire! It's not automatic transmissions that are causing nitwits to crash in the rain. It's just careless driving.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
You guys are reaching so hard in this thread. It's ridiculous. You'll never wreck one of these automatic cars in bad weather unless your driving like a nitwit. If your mindset is. I need to be in total control in bad weather with the paddles. Instead of just slowing down and using the driver modes provided for you by Ford. You deserve to run your car into a field. Not every trip to the grocery story has to be driven at 9/10th with your hair on fire! It's not automatic transmissions that are causing nitwits to crash in the rain. It's just careless driving.
And people driving a manual like a nitwit will also wreck so your logic is flawed. By keeping the car in a higher gear it will decrease the chances of tire spin regardless of Auto in manual mode or manual. Your opinion that everyone with an auto must drive in auto mode in X conditions is a stretch.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
And people driving a manual like a nitwit will also wreck so your logic is flawed. By keeping the car in a higher gear it will decrease the chances of tire spin regardless of Auto in manual mode or manual. You opinion that everyone with an auto must drive in auto mode in X conditions is a stretch.
No my logic is perfect. Slow down in bad weather and down drive like an asshole!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
yep.

Cannot disconnect power from the wheels in a skid.
see above. Don't get into a skid in the first place! It's a real simple concept. Next you boys will be claiming a manual trans help fights cancer!

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Don't get into a skid in the first place!
Brilliant! :lol: Why didn't the rest of the driving world think of this?

Now if we could also convince people not to attempt to make their vehicle occupy the same physical space as another object we could eliminate the need for insurance coverage altogether!

Heck, if you don't get sick in the first place healthcare is useless, too. :clap2:

Oil, ice, standing water, gravel, mud, uneven pavement... there are many things that can put even the most cautious and careful drivers into a skid. Even if it's as simple as having to leave the pavement because a semi took your lane.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Brilliant! :lol: Why didn't the rest of the driving world think of this?

Now if we could also convince people not to attempt to make their vehicle occupy the same physical space as another object we could eliminate the need for insurance coverage altogether!

Heck, if you don't get sick in the first place healthcare is useless, too. :clap2:

Oil, ice, standing water, gravel, mud, uneven pavement... there are many things that can put even the most cautious and careful drivers into a skid. Even if it's as simple as having to leave the pavement because a semi took your lane.
LOL and the magical manual transmission will save you if you hit oil, ice, mud etc.:doh: I should do a quick search. I bet there is some amazing stats out there on how manual drivers just never crash! Wanna take about brilliant ! Hit a patch of ice. No problem. I drive a manual. Hit an oil slick. F*&K it. I drive a manual. Jesus you'd think insurance companies would give you guys a discount for driving a stick shift over those death mobile automatics.:tsk: Is this really the argument your gonna run with?

Last edited:

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
It seems like progressively there has to be a new round of justifications beyond "I enjoy driving the manual" for having standard transmissions.

There's no need to have some kind of profound, quantifiable reason for having a stick and clutch transmission..you can simply enjoy it. There's jerks on both sides, but it seems like the manual diehards get off on bashing the people who choose to drive automatics.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
It seems like progressively there has to be a new round of justifications beyond "I enjoy driving the manual" for having standard transmissions.

There's no need to have some kind of profound, quantifiable reason for having a stick and clutch transmission..you can simply enjoy it. There's jerks on both sides, but it seems like the manual diehards get off on bashing the people who choose to drive automatics.
Damn right. Just say. I like what I like! And I make the payments. Don't invent cockamamie reasons why you think your choice is better.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

[beginning of thread]
[sarcasm]
People that drive manual > people that drive automatic.
[/sarcasm]
[/end of thread]
[/thread delete]

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
well yeah... when you press the clutch and disconnect all power from the wheels.
You go right ahead and depress that clutch when you hit that sheet of ice. Like I said. Magic. As soon as you depress the clutch. The ice is no longer slippery.;)
Sponsored