Sponsored

Did You Test Drive Before Buying??

El Diablo

Made in USA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
No test drive needed. I knew this car was going to be bad ass.

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
Didn't even ask to test drive one. I knew I wanted the car and ordered it. I sat in a couple and started them before ordering. That pointed me away from the Recaros to the sofa seats. Absolutely no regrets. In fact, after 6 months of ownership I still have a "perma-grin."

Bink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I stumbled upon my car, sitting at dealer "used" with 150 miles on it. I talked to a reluctant sales guy and he said they really don't let people test drive it, but I didn't have time to test drive it at that point anyway. On the way back to the dealer later that day, I called and said I was coming back and would like a test drive. The sales guy was all excited and said he would have it ready for me to drive as soon as I got there. After a thrilling test drive I had all the paperwork completed in about an hour :)

Apparently they get so many "tire-kickers" on these cars that they want to know you are serious before allowing a test drive.

Sponsored

OP
OP

memustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Didn't even ask to test drive one. I knew I wanted the car and ordered it. I sat in a couple and started them before ordering. That pointed me away from the Recaros to the sofa seats. Absolutely no regrets. In fact, after 6 months of ownership I still have a "perma-grin."
So you find the non Recaro special order 'wider' seats an improvement? That was one of my main concerns also. Thx

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Nope, I couldn't find a dealer that would let me. I did test drive a few regular GT Mustangs and liked those those so I knew I would really like the GT350.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
ME!!!!! no test drive.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
No test drive of a GT350 first here either. I did test drive a GT for reasons as mentioned above, the GT350 feels like that on steroids (of course many other differences but for a couple mile test drive you won't realize them). The exhaust sound is of course the biggest thing you will be missing in the GT. I live just north of St. Augustine, if you plan to be in this area for any reason you can drive mine, but be warned, once you drive it you will have to have one. :) If I had to do it again, I would by another tech pack 2016 as they are a steal right now because of the cooler debacle, you can get them for $10,000 off and spend a grand or two to install them (depending on skill level, may be 3-4 grand if you have to pay someone else to do it).

Sponsored

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I got to test drive my 16 that I got in February last year for a little over a year, haha!

No test drive for me, I owned a 91 GT back in the day for 14 years and loved it. When I got rid of it I had few sports cars in between but always missed my mustang. The new body style came out I was sold. I had to get mine from IL last year since I didn't want to pay CA ADM's. I ended up having a a trucking company pick it up and deliver it to me. I have now traded it in on a 17 I ordered since I want to do some track stuff, not sure about the recaros yet but I will find out soon enough, plus I needed to change it up.

I would probably go with an earlier suggestion and drive a GT, or just get one which seems like I am not the only one on here who did.

Good Luck!

OP
OP

memustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No test drive of a GT350 first here either. I did test drive a GT for reasons as mentioned above, the GT350 feels like that on steroids (of course many other differences but for a couple mile test drive you won't realize them). The exhaust sound is of course the biggest thing you will be missing in the GT. I live just north of St. Augustine, if you plan to be in this area for any reason you can drive mine, but be warned, once you drive it you will have to have one. :) If I had to do it again, I would by another tech pack 2016 as they are a steal right now because of the cooler debacle, you can get them for $10,000 off and spend a grand or two to install them (depending on skill level, may be 3-4 grand if you have to pay someone else to do it).
That's a great offer - thank you! Would love to come out and see your car if I have a day to travel up to your area.

I just discovered they rent out the Mustang Shelby at Hertz Prestige Cars at their Orlando Airport location for $120 per day. I think I'll try that first and see if I get the GT350 addiction bug! Thx again!

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Test Drive

I couldn't find any previous threads about this...

Very interested in buying the 2017 GT350 and even though several Ford Dealers have some new models in stock in my area of Orlando Fl, they will not allow any test drives whatsoever. The reason is they would not be able to sell if it was previously driven - even 1 mile.

One dealer invited me over last weekend, took my insurance and License etc and then asked me to pay full price plus $5k over sticker before they would even start the car.

How many of you with GT350s actually paid in advance and drove away a new GT350 Shelby without any prior test drive?

I don't understand how most buyers would have full confidence to pay $60k+ without any prior experience of driving this car. The reviews are all very positive but I'm still reluctant to buy new with no prior test drive.

Why need a test drive ???? I didn't even ask for one, I'm glad they don't can't imagine buying a car that some yahoo wound to 8250 RPM.

:ford::ford::ford::ford:

OP
OP

memustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why need a test drive ???? I didn't even ask for one, I'm glad they don't can't imagine buying a car that some yahoo wound to 8250 RPM.

:ford::ford::ford::ford:
I doubt any salesman would allow you to trash a new car racing at 8000+ Revs.

The last couple of yrs I have been lucky to drive an M4 (Auto), Jag F Type R (auto) and recently traded into a new 911 Base Manual Twin Turbo - would never have purchased the 911 if I had been able to test drive first but none were available so ordered to build from scratch. A Miata is more fun to drive!

Don't want to make another expensive mistake!:frusty:

Reactions: A7X