Sponsored

Did the looks grow on you or was it love at first sight?

fundando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Race Red & Black Accents
After I saw it in person, it was love at first site
Sponsored

Jrhogger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Guard
Love at first sight, saw an LE at a Mustang Show in late July 2014. Researched options for about 3 weeks and ordered on Aug 23 without ever sitting in one. First look was enough to sell me!

And....since getting the car I love it even more!!!!!!

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
It grew on me. Honestly, I hadn't been keeping up with it, and I didn't even see one in person until March 2015. And when I finally saw it, I thought it looked a bit odd. Eventually I came around, and within the span of a month, I went from planning on driving my 2012 fiesta into the ground to trading it in for a 2015 GT.

Driving felt like a chore in my old car, now it's actually fun again.

GaryOkie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I looked at Mustangs in 2014 and didn't like how cramped it was inside. Went and bought a 2014 Challenger RT. Decided to sell the Challenger (because it was just sitting in my garage looking pretty). Then all of a sudden I realized how boring driving became. Once I saw the 2015 Mustang I fell in love with the look and power (love the back end and the long front). The only thing I wish they had....a digital speedometer. I wanna know exactly how much I'm going over the speed limit. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I looked at Mustangs in 2014 and didn't like how cramped it was inside. Went and bought a 2014 Challenger RT. Decided to sell the Challenger (because it was just sitting in my garage looking pretty). Then all of a sudden I realized how boring driving became. Once I saw the 2015 Mustang I fell in love with the look and power (love the back end and the long front). The only thing I wish they had....a digital speedometer. I wanna know exactly how much I'm going over the speed limit. :)
Nice story...but sir can you please pull over to the side of the road..............do you know how fast your were going?

Sponsored

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
At first I though the front end looked a bit like a blowup sex doll. Now I like it.

My favorite line on the car is the top of the rear quarter panels and the way the rear c-pillars gently fold in towards the center of the car.

Zay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Love at first sight, love the new design, iMO I believed the retro was played out

Mustang Marcus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 2016GT350 Magnetic Blue Stripe
When I saw the photos I didn't like them at all. Told my wife that we will buying a Boss or super nice 2014GT.
I just about caused a car accident when I drove past a Ford dealership that had them out front.
Pictures didn't do them justice for me.

Sponsored

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Count me in on the hated it at first list. When the pics came out everytime a Fusion passed I'd laugh and say oh hey look it's a new mustang... Wait no it's a fusion. But when I was ready I went to go look at them and a 14 that the dealer had and then yeah, love at first hand sight.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
It took a long while for the frontend to grow on me. I'm actually still not happy about the headlights; way too swept back, But my dislike of that does not negate my love for the tailend, the sides, the shoulders, the hood, and the fastback profile. For the midcycle refresh I hope they fix the headlights. Obviously it will be too late for me but I can live with the bad headlights.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
^^^ I like the headlights ... somewhat mean/serious looking IMO.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I had so much going on emotionally between cars, it was a blur, all happening in a 7-10 day time crunch. Honestly I had no clue what I was getting into. I guess my answer would be that it grew on me...but I really didn't get a super-close look at it until after buying it! :headbonk:

I was in the process of sinking yet another ridiculous wad of cash into the stupid Wrangler still sitting in the shop (with only 49k miles on it); and in the meantime was renting a new Focus hatch, which, although hideous, I fell in love with. :shrug:

When it came time to pick up the Wrangler, my mind was made up: It had to go, and I was gonna get a new Focus.

While dealing with putting the Jeep up for sale, doing the back-and-forth with salesmen, considering options (loads of them, natch), and visiting a dealer, my honey, who never even left the car at the dealership, finally facepalmed :doh: and said, 'Spend a little more and get this', holding up a pic of the new stang on the phone. Well, I had never thought of that before. I thought it was financially stupid and I argued I should get the '14 due to the availability of year-end incentives. Guess who won? (Of course, either looks much cooler than a Focus, duh.)

Long story short - with many stressful events in between (I even lost several pounds) - I ended up with this thing, dropping a (much) larger amount of dough than originally planned. :eek: Even after buying it I didn't even know its potential until I was told to 'punch it'. Holy shite. It was at that point I was infatuated with everything about it. :love:

Last edited: