Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

amkr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prado, Volkswagen Passat
Fellow aussie here, I signed up to the forum purely to say thanks to DFB for this (and other) threads on this site.

I browsed most of them and built my car care shopping list from these threads, having a 3rd party spend their own hard earned cash and give honest feedback on what they actually used is invaluable - so massive thanks to DFB!

now I just need to convince my wife that we need a Mustang....

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Fellow aussie here, I signed up to the forum purely to say thanks to DFB for this (and other) threads on this site.

I browsed most of them and built my car care shopping list from these threads, having a 3rd party spend their own hard earned cash and give honest feedback on what they actually used is invaluable - so massive thanks to DFB!

Tell her it’s the best vehicle possible to perfect your use of the products 😉🤣

Sponsored

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

Absolutely brilliant, glad to have helped.

I've been trying to sneak in some not-so-subtle hints, like this shopping list for example.
ef74cfbd-967d-4ae1-a8e4-a230b627d541.JPG

Can you believe she actually forgot the Panko Breadcrumbs... and the GT500....
100 points for trying there. Gold!

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
When the man who loves to go overboard gets even more overboard, or over the edge?

Skip to 21:45......................so powerful that, well....................................

LOL.. yeah, i'm not going there anytime soon...

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
@DFB5.0 I recommend you try Dr Beasley’s Bead Hero as your ceramic topper. Might be the best I’ve ever seen!!

Have you tried Gtechniq W4 prewash? Just ordered… if you have thought?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I've been trying to sneak in some not-so-subtle hints, like this shopping list for example.
ef74cfbd-967d-4ae1-a8e4-a230b627d541.JPG

Can you believe she actually forgot the Panko Breadcrumbs... and the GT500....
Glad to see that I'm not the only one that tries this....

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
@DFB5.0 I recommend you try Dr Beasley’s Bead Hero as your ceramic topper. Might be the best I’ve ever seen!!

Have you tried Gtechniq W4 prewash? Just ordered… if you have thought?
Bugger, the local Dr. Beasley's supplier doesn't offer Bead Hero, only the matte paint products.

I haven't tried Gtechniq W4, although it does sound quite enticing. The fact its pH neutral is pleasing, especially considering most pre-wash soaps lean towards alkalinity.

Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Bugger, the local Dr. Beasley's supplier doesn't offer Bead Hero, only the matte paint products.

I haven't tried Gtechniq W4, although it does sound quite enticing. The fact its pH neutral is pleasing, especially considering most pre-wash soaps lean towards alkalinity.

I tell ya what, next time I’m up that way I’ll pick you up a bottle of Bead hero and send it to you. The contact angle seems to be similar to a really good quality ceramic coat but the slide angle is 😳😳😳. I was shocked and I’ve used some expensive toppers in the past and this one is 8 to 10 cheaper and incredible! I’ll let you know on the W4. They were out of the 4L Gyeon foam and 4L GSF. So the W4 comes in 5L and is 30.00 cheaper than GSF and 20.00 cheaper than Gyeon. I liked that it has a citrus cleaner in it over Gyeon. I get lots of road film so I’m hoping it cuts it better than Gyeon. That really why I wanted to switch to Carpro lift but they were out of that as well.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Dear Dr @DFB5.0

In looking for a tar remover I consulted your Black Book and found:

Tar Remover –
Carpro TarX, this doubles as an adhesive remover. Or Koch Chemie Eulex.
This KC table indicates that TEA is a dedicated tar remover whereas Eulex has other applications, and I was wondering if you'd tried TEA and found Eulex to be better or if there was another reason you recommended Eulex rather than TEA.

Cheers

1700620176924.png

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Dear Dr @DFB5.0

In looking for a tar remover I consulted your Black Book and found:

This KC table indicates that TEA is a dedicated tar remover whereas Eulex has other applications, and I was wondering if you'd tried TEA and found Eulex to be better or if there was another reason you recommended Eulex rather than TEA.

Cheers

1700620176924.png
I would say that Eulex is a sledgehammer to be only used if all else fails. It's STRONG and must be used carefully. You also need to work small areas as it flashes very quickly. I have it on hand and found it very helpful at lifting old adhesives (wheel weights for example) and substances that nothing else would touch. Also use in well ventilated spaces.

I have used TEA on and off since it was released, but for some reason, I favor TarX as it seems to be a better performer.

Another that I like, which also has other applications, is Stoner's Tarminator. Again, a bit of a sledgehammer that needs to be used with care, absolutely don't get it on matte surfaces. I mostly use it as an occasional deep-cleaner for Michelin tires, but I also had to get it out when dealing with old/baked on tar deposits where TarX met its match. It can also remove old carbon deposits on exhaust tips.

Only two places sell it in Australia, one can will last a while.

Stoner Tarminator 296mL | Product | Car Care Products Australia
Stoner Tarminator Tar & Sap Remover 295ml (autobuff.com.au)

IMG-2849.jpg

IMG-3801.jpg

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Thanks mate, I've got stubborn tar spots on a Ranger and Bowden's Ta Ta Tar hasn't been effective. Any thoughts on WD40? (don't start chucking stuff :giggle:).

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Thanks mate, I've got stubborn tar spots on a Ranger and Bowden's Ta Ta Tar hasn't been effective. Any thoughts on WD40? (don't start chucking stuff :giggle:).
People swear by it, but not something I recommend.
Sponsored